Shipping update?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do not have a unit. The photo is from their filing to the F.C.C.

I do not know anything about Marine Transceiver Regulations in any other countries.

I called the company the other day and just like the two days before just got the answering machine. I left a message again to call me as I wish to get more info on purchasing a unit and I still have not heard from them or have they sent an e-mail response to my many e-mails. Guess they do not want my money.

Went out diving today off the coast and took my solution to the problem. Marine Hand Held with GPS built in. Sealed in a Seal a Meal bag. Makes it completely water tight and can dive as deep as I need. I can turn it on while sealed and hear and send GPS over the radio without opening the bag. If they can not hear I just cut open the bag and talk. The radio is water resistant down to 10+ feet. Guess I will keep using this for now. Only have had to cut it open 4 times this year for recharge. The radio holds a charge really well. Finally found a good use for at damn Seal a Meal. I also bag all of my emergency items for the boat which keeps the serviceable a lot better. Using zip locks was just not making the grade.

In regards to them possibly shipping to foreign non US people I have checked while working on other islands here in the Caribbean and to date no one has had them. :D

Well I just got off the phone with the company in BC (604-241-1918). No they did not call me or respond to my e-mail's and I told them that

Had a pleasent conversation with 2 young ladys and I told them I wanted to buy a Lifeline today. They told me that 2 weeks ago they shipped to all the listed dealers listed on their web site their Lifelines. I told them that I had been in Tampa and none of the listed dealers I went to did not have any. The insisted that they were shipped and they now had them. They said that I could order them from the dealers or from their web site. If I order from the web site there would be a 2 week delay before shipment and the card would not be charged until shipment.

I told them that I wanted to order something that was instock and would wait 2 weeks.

I hope this pans out and they become available right now as they said. They also said that their rep's at DEMA would have units for sale.

Hope someone that attends DEMA lets us know if this is true.

Wow, if true that means they blew off the backorders in order to send units to the dealers.

Well I just got off the phone with the company in BC (604-241-1918). No they did not call me or respond to my e-mail's and I told them that...

Had a pleasent conversation with 2 young ladys and I told them I wanted to buy a Lifeline today. They told me that 2 weeks ago they shipped to all the listed dealers listed on their web site their Lifelines. I told them that I had been in Tampa and none of the listed dealers I went to did not have any. The insisted that they were shipped and they now had them. They said that I could order them from the dealers or from their web site. If I order from the web site there would be a 2 week delay before shipment and the card would not be charged until shipment.

I told them that I wanted to order something that was instock and would wait 2 weeks.

I hope this pans out and they become available right now as they said. They also said that their rep's at DEMA would have units for sale.

Hope someone that attends DEMA lets us know if this is true.

So it appears from this that

1. If you have a backorder personally with them, you will not be getting a unit any time soon.

2. They are claiming that they shipped product to listed dealers on their web site two weeks ago, which would have been October 11--long enough for a Canadian shipment to arrive at a US address. Has anyone contacted their local vendor (listed previously in this thread) and seen if they have gotten their shipment yet? If so, please post that information here!

3. There are units for sale at DEMA (allegedly)--what about the folks who are on backorder who may have already paid for their merchandise? There are some on this thread who claim that they have paid orders that appear to go back to around last DEMA.

4. Lastly--I have yet to see any FCC-definitive statements concerning the use of the MMSI (which is used for vessel ID) by divers in this device. If you read their pdf instructions from the NL site, you'll note that an MMSI is required in order to use the GPS emergency beacon in the unit.

I just got off of the phone with a rep at Nautilus in CA and was told that they shipped units TODAY to dealers, six units per dealer. She also stated that they will have 1000 units with them at DEMA and that customers will be able to get their unit there. She then further stated that if all the units are not spoken for then they might be able to sell one from the floor but if not she said the dealers would have them.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping because I think this is a great safety tool to have. It just seems like they did not expect the kind of enthusiasm that they got from divers by not being ramped up with production prior to announcing a release date.

Hope this helps.

What a tangled web we weave... These guys can't seem to keep up with their own lies. For a company selling a potential life saving device they are not off to a good start with earning trust. Honesty goes a long way! Extended delivery times are understandable, lying about it to buy time is unacceptable.

I just got off of the phone with a rep at Nautilus in CA and was told that they shipped units TODAY to dealers, six units per dealer. She also stated that they will have 1000 units with them at DEMA and that customers will be able to get their unit there. She then further stated that if all the units are not spoken for then they might be able to sell one from the floor but if not she said the dealers would have them.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping because I think this is a great safety tool to have. It just seems like they did not expect the kind of enthusiasm that they got from divers by not being ramped up with production prior to announcing a release date.

Hope this helps.

I took a slightly different action; I called some of the listed dealers from their site at random and got the following (unscientific) responses:

--one did not know what the product was, and had no idea why they are even listed on the NL web site. To be fair, it could have been a misinformed employee.

--one stated that he had been given the 'six units per dealer' information from NL last week, and was still awaiting delivery as of today (25 Oct).

--another dealer is taking pre-orders, and apparently has been for some time--but couldn't say for sure when they were expecting any units.

Again, this is not a scientific or statistical survey--just reporting what I found in some calls I made today.

What a tangled web we weave... These guys can't seem to keep up with their own lies. For a company selling a potential life saving device they are not off to a good start with earning trust. Honesty goes a long way! Extended delivery times are understandable, lying about it to buy time is unacceptable.

Here's something I continue to find disturbing: the FCC approval apparently went through on 6 October this year.

This means that they have been accepting orders for a device that had not yet received regulatory approval for sale in the US--and repeatedly offered up several delivery dates (ultimately unfulfilled as seen in postings here and around the internet) well prior to that regulatory approval.

OK here is another twist..... As said before they had not replied to my e-mail's, phone messages etc... Well after the girl told me that I could order one but it would not ship for 2 weeks I get this e-mail. Guess they got more in since Katharine Currie
the Project Manager is ready to ship this week if I order now. Hummmmmm should I try it or not? To Trust or not to Trust....

Lars give her a call and see if she will ship one this week or any one else.........

And so it goesssssss........

[#DVQ-398-15161]: Help in purchasing a NL
TO:bhtmec2@yahoo.com
Tuesday, October 25, 2011 4:24 PM
Dear Bryan,

We began shipping the Nautilus Lifeline approximately two weeks ago. If you ordered a unit through a local dealer, your unit should be in no later than 2 or 3 weeks from now. If your local dealer is not stocking lifelines, I would be very happy to take your order and ship you one this week.

Sincerely,
Katharine

Katharine Currie
Project Manager

Nautilus Explorer - Nautilus Swell - Nautilus Lifeline
604-657-7614 phone
888-434-8322 toll free (USA / Canada)
604-241-1922 fax

Nautilus Explorer Liveaboard Diving Adventures
Nautilus Swell Scuba Diving liveaboard Alaska and British Columbia
Nautilus Lifeline Diver Radio and GPS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/