Shipping update?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What made you decide to disassemble the unit?

Were there any issues when you went to register the MMSI as a diver, rather than a marine vessel?

I recognize that you cannot answer the following:

If the unit could not be legally sold in the US prior to the October 6 FCC certification you referenced, why did Nautilus Lifeline repeatedly give out delivery times well in advance of that actual certification?

Nautilusmike stated that roughly 100 production units were shipped on September 14 in this thread, with quite a few more shipped well prior to Oct 6 as well; if that is correct, those units cannot have been certed by the FCC. What are the legal ramifications here?

I am VERY interested to see if you got a response on your question about registering the MMSI as a diver, rather then a marine vessel. Were you successful in getting an answer to this question?

My name is Mike Lever. I am the inventor of the Nautilus Lifeline. I am the president and owner of the company. I have been in the dive business for 20 years with a pretty darned good reputation for safety and excellence in guest service operating liveaboard diveboats including the Nautilus Explorer at Socorro and Guadalupe Island and the Nautilus Swell in BC and Alaska. I believe that the Lifeline gps vhf radio for divers fills a void in dive safety. I am passionate about it. I am obsessive compulsive about it. My team is amazing and our product is amazing. My commitment to dive safety and "making a difference" is absolute. I invite anyone with a question, comment or concern to call me directly. My number is 604-241-1918. I won't respond to posts or PM's. But I welcome the chance to talk in person to as many people as possible. Or come and see me at DEMA booth 2517.

Message left for you Mike.

My name is Mike Lever...I won't respond to posts or PM's.

Finally.

Thank you for clarifying that you will not respond to anyone in an open forum where all can see the response, even though a forum has been set up for you and your marketing here and other places around the Internet for some time now.

I'm done here. The rest of the community can make up their own minds after seeing what has transpired in this thread and elsewhere regarding the history of your product. My opinion should be fairly obvious at this juncture.

I am VERY interested to see if you got a response on your question about registering the MMSI as a diver, rather then a marine vessel. Were you successful in getting an answer to this question?

Not yet, as getting hold of the right people at the FCC (and the USCG) gives you a chance to practice patience at previously unknown levels. It looks like we will all find out if/when the first group of folks start attempting the registration process.

While I may still look into the MMSI aspect, I am essentially finished with this topic in light of Mike Lever's recent posting here. The rest of the community can make up their own minds after seeing what has transpired in this thread and elsewhere regarding the history of the product. My opinion should be fairly obvious at this juncture.

My name is Mike Lever. I am the inventor of the Nautilus Lifeline. I am the president and owner of the company. I have been in the dive business for 20 years with a pretty darned good reputation for safety and excellence in guest service operating liveaboard diveboats including the Nautilus Explorer at Socorro and Guadalupe Island and the Nautilus Swell in BC and Alaska. I believe that the Lifeline gps vhf radio for divers fills a void in dive safety. I am passionate about it. I am obsessive compulsive about it. My team is amazing and our product is amazing. My commitment to dive safety and "making a difference" is absolute. I invite anyone with a question, comment or concern to call me directly. My number is 604-241-1918. I won't respond to posts or PM's. But I welcome the chance to talk in person to as many people as possible. Or come and see me at DEMA booth 2517.

Why? This Forum is for your company for your customers to get information. If you do not want to assist any of your current or potential customers then maybe you should ask the Scuba board management to remove it? I hope not as this forum as others in the manufacture area serves all in resolving information needs or problems that we have. It also is good to promote your product.

I hope you will reconsider and interact with this large diving community.

Hey gang,

First of all, let me tell you upfront that Nautilus Life Line is an awesome safety device. It not only fills a huge safety void, but it does it in an elegant way. Like most of the Dive Industry, Mike is rather new to this whole social media gig and will be attending my three sessions at DEMA. I just got off the phone with Mike to get the straight skinny on the orders since I want one as well. Here is what I found out:
  • Back orders will not be filled until they verify that you still want the unit.
  • Cards will not be charged until the order is fulfilled.
  • They will issue any refund gladly and without complaint.
  • All verified backorders will be shipped by sometime next week.
  • They will have over a thousand additional units at DEMA for shops to take back with them.
  • They have been advertising with us since the first of the year and have been GREAT in every way.
So what caused the delay? That's easy... with any new product, and especially with anything that deals with such a life and death issue, getting it right BEFORE it ships is important. Mike wasn't going to manufacture these until everything was done. Unfortunately, he hit snags with a few outside contractors and other issues that he would rather me not go into detail about. I respect that, and applaud him for showing the resiliency to see this through. As he has mentioned, his work ethic, his business ethics and ability to see things through are well respected throughout the industry for a very good reason: The man keeps his word whenever possible.

BTW, rather than ship me mine, he's going to bring it to my initial presentation, "Social Media and Your Business" this Wednesday!

FWIW: I have been developing electronic products for 20+ years and every product I have been involved in has been like giving birth, as in extremely painful. People with sound judgement do not invent new products, its so much easier to buy a company than run though the development cycle and all the headaches involved. Pessimist bash everything and are correct most of the time.

That leaves the stubbornly optimistic to invent things, its the only way they can survive the process. It also results in a bit of blue sky scheduling with its inherent delays. Its not pretty, but that is how it is.

HI everyone. I'm really new to social media and posting on forums and am trying to learn as fast as possible. Sorry. My error regarding posts and PM's. Pls feel free to post any questions to me. Or PM. I'll do my very best to respond promptly but it's also crazy busy between shipping Lifelines and DEMA next week. I'm looking forward to attending Net Doc's presentation next Wednesday. Please let me know of any concerns. Mike. Nautilus Lifeline Ltd.

FWIW: I have been developing electronic products for 20+ years and every product I have been involved in has been like giving birth, as in extremely painful. People with sound judgement do not invent new products, its so much easier to buy a company than run though the development cycle and all the headaches involved. Pessimist bash everything and are correct most of the time.

That leaves the stubbornly optimistic to invent things, its the only way they can survive the process. It also results in a bit of blue sky scheduling with its inherent delays. Its not pretty, but that is how it is.

Thank you. Well said! My wife would agree on stubbornly optimistic. Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom