Shipping update?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bankyf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
When I ordered my Lifeline at DEMA I was told shipping would occur in late March. Evidently that has been pushed back. Is there any updated timeframe?

Hi Bankyf,

We sent out an email update at the end of March with your order status. Nautilus Lifeline units are in production and we are currently testing those units. We will be in touch when we have an updated shipping date!

Please feel free to email us at info@nautiluslifeline.com if you have more questions regarding your order.

Thank you,
The Nautilus Lifeline Team

The first time I heard of this product was a few weeks ago, when I saw it within the latest additon of DAN's magazine to members. After reading a bit about it, I was so impressed with its features, I immediately went to the Nautilus website and placed an order for one. However, I had no idea the product was not actually available yet, as there was no indication of this anywhere on the site. Furthermore, my credit card was immediately charged for the order.

I appreciate that care is being taken to ensure the product is adequately tested to perform as promised, but the fact that the product is not available for shipping yet should have been disclosed to me, prior to accepting my order, especially if my credit card is being charged upfront.

We've all heard the horror stories of dive-related products that offer new innovative technology, that have never actually made into the consumer's hands, even when prepaid orders were accepted upfront.

Is there any additional information you are able to provide us regarding the products status and its projected shipping timeline? Are we talking days? Weeks? Months?

Hi SFLDiver3445,

The Nautilus Lifeline's are very close to shipping. Since we began our field trials, Captain Mike Lever has been relentless in the amount of testing that he's insisted on. Our next batch of Lifeline testing units will have a minor component change and will be equipped with larger, colour-coded buttons that we anticipate will make the unit even more user-friendly. We are confident that after these changes have been implemented and tested to our complete satisfaction, we will begin shipping the Nautilus Lifeline. We thank everyone for their patience and understanding while we work out these details that we believe will result in a significantly better product.

We will be showing our latest round of test units at Scuba Show 2011 in Long Beach this weekend. Stop by our booth and try out a Nautilus Lifeline!

Hi SFLDiver3445,

The Nautilus Lifeline's are very close to shipping. Since we began our field trials, Captain Mike Lever has been relentless in the amount of testing that he's insisted on. Our next batch of Lifeline testing units will have a minor component change and will be equipped with larger, colour-coded buttons that we anticipate will make the unit even more user-friendly. We are confident that after these changes have been implemented and tested to our complete satisfaction, we will begin shipping the Nautilus Lifeline. We thank everyone for their patience and understanding while we work out these details that we believe will result in a significantly better product.

We will be showing our latest round of test units at Scuba Show 2011 in Long Beach this weekend. Stop by our booth and try out a Nautilus Lifeline!

Thank you for providing the additional information regarding the status of the Nautilus Lifeline I ordered. Also, thank you for the email you sent me directly clarifying my options regarding my order.

I wish I were on the west coast and had the opportunity to stop by the Long Beach Show this weekend, as I am eager to see the Lifeline in person. I regularly do deep technical dives requiring extended decompression here in south Florida, and the features your product offers should add a significant amount of piece of mind and safety to my dives.

Just received a message that informed me that 3000 units will be shipped to the US Distributor On June 28th, who will in turn ship to Retailers. So We should begin seeing them first week of July. This information Came from a Retailer that I purchased my unit from, and he told me he got the information from Nautilus.

Just received a message that informed me that 3000 units will be shipped to the US Distributor On June 28th, who will in turn ship to Retailers. So We should begin seeing them first week of July. This information Came from a Retailer that I purchased my unit from, and he told me he got the information from Nautilus.

Did this happen? Doesn't look like it has from reading the Nautilus Lifeline site.

Did this happen? Doesn't look like it has from reading the Nautilus Lifeline site.
As I indicated within my previous posts, I prepaid for a unit in early May. As of early July, I still had not received a shipping date. I canceled my order on July 12th.

I'm still very much interested in purchasing one, as it appears to be an ideal safety device for the high current, long decompression technical dives I regularly engage in; however, in light of the production delays, I will most likely wait to read a few user reviews before I purchase one, to ensure it actually delivers all the promised features.

Any news on a ship date? Like SFLDiver, I purchased one, had credit card charged....still have not received it. I purchased back in May in hopes to use on a live-a-aboard trip I have already returned from.

I want the product but am close to asking for a refund

I am as frustrated as anyone else about this whole deal, but are you sure your card was charged. As far as I am aware their policy is and has always been that nobody's card is charged until the product ships.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom