Shipping update?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd really like one before my next trip at the end of the month. But at this rate I doubt that will happen. :(

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

My girlfriend bought one for my birthday while we were at Scuba Show in Long Beach. A phone call to them four weeks ago had them sharing their release date was the first week in August.

I've still not received the unit.

Bill Powers
San Diego

A recent post by Mike Lever on another discussion board states that he has shipped some 49 production units this month, with over six thousand back orders to be filled over the next several months.

I find this troubling, because it appears that money has been taken from people via credit card (where interest is charged) with no actual product to be made available in a timely manner. That's an awful lot of money for a product with what seems to be an open-ended delivery date, and only CGI illustrations of same to show the buying public.

If anyone you know is the recipient of one of those 49 production units Mr. Lever refers to in his post, would you mind uploading pictures of the final product you have received? Additionally, what are your impressions of that product now that you have it in hand?

Last edited:
I do not believe that your facts are correct. I am unaware of any cards being charged before the product was ready to ship. If anyone knows for a fact that their card was charged please post up, but that was not their policy on preorders. I ordered almost one year ago and my card has not been charged yet.

A recent post by Mike Lever on another discussion board states that he has shipped some 49 production units this month, with over six thousand back orders to be filled over the next several months.

I find this troubling, because it appears that money has been taken from people via credit card (where interest is charged) with no actual product to be made available in a timely manner. That's an awful lot of money for a product with what seems to be an open-ended delivery date, and only CGI illustrations of same to show the buying public.

If anyone you know is the recipient of one of those 49 production units Mr. Lever refers to in his post, would you mind uploading pictures of the final product you have received? Additionally, what are your impressions of that product now that you have it in hand?

I do not believe that your facts are correct. I am unaware of any cards being charged before the product was ready to ship. If anyone knows for a fact that their card was charged please post up, but that was not their policy on preorders. I ordered almost one year ago and my card has not been charged yet.

Earlier in this thread there is at least two people claiming their card was charged upon order. Those claims have neither been retracted nor proven unsubstantiated.

I too would love to know if anyone else has been charged in a similar fashion.

Hi everyone,

When ordering the Nautilus Lifeline from our website you can place either an order or a pre-order. An order will immediately charge your card for the amount shown when you check out. A pre-order will hold your information, and your card will not be charged until your unit has shipped. We are slowly ramping up production and we will be working through all the back ordered units to ensure they get shipped as quickly as possible. Due to the heavy demand of the Nautilus Lifeline, we may not be fully caught up until the end of October. If you have any questions, concerns or comments feel free to reach us at 1-604-241-1918, or send an email to info@nautiluslifeline.com

Thank you,
The Nautilus Lifeline Team

This seems like a very unethical way to run a business. You shouldn't ever put it on the customer for selecting the wrong option on the web site. You should NEVER bill the customer until the product they purchased has shipped. This combined with the poor communication about the shipping dates makes me really question the integrity of this company. Just my thoughts.

Sounds like great product i wish I had invented, but this is no way to run a business.

LJ

This seems like a very unethical way to run a business. You shouldn't ever put it on the customer for selecting the wrong option on the web site. You should NEVER bill the customer until the product they purchased has shipped. This combined with the poor communication about the shipping dates makes me really question the integrity of this company. Just my thoughts.

Sounds like great product i wish I had invented, but this is no way to run a business.

LJ

There's another aspect to that: unless there's something out there that has changed over the last few years, it's a violation of a credit card Merchant Agreement to do it this way.

The above is a bump from earlier in the thread, as I have seen no response yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom