Sherwood steels?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PST made the original Sherwood Genesis Steel 3500 psi but that was almost 10 years ago, since then the cylinders have been made by Asahi , still trying to figure out what’s wrong with the Asahi , I have been the rep for them for 6 yrs and NEVER had one returned for poor finish or any kind of workmanship problems, the new Asahi will be ¾-14 3442 and will arrive in the spring of 07

The nice thing is PST is coming back....they should be ready to go by March....I will post more info in January about whats going on....They could come out with tanks now, but not fill the demand so they are waiting. They want to be able to come out strong and hopefully not have any problems meeting the demand.....

DiveRightInScuba... is this the new offshore PST we've been hearing about, that is essentially buying the PST name but is in reality a completely new company in a completely new (offshore) factory making completely new tanks and slapping PST labels on them? Or will they truly be identical tanks from the old ones? There are a number of threads about the "new" PST in the Tanks forum that don't look all that promising.

ALL American Made my friend!! I saw them at DEMA...They are located in Wisconsin, not over seas.....They are bringing back the tanks from the good ol days....I promise you will not be dissappointed!!!

Check them out here:
http://www.pstscuba.com/cgi-bin/nlcurrent.cgi

Dive Right In Scuba:
ALL American Made my friend!! I saw them at DEMA...They are located in Wisconsin, not over seas.....They are bringing back the tanks from the good ol days....I promise you will not be dissappointed!!!

Check them out here:
http://www.pstscuba.com/cgi-bin/nlcurrent.cgi

Either they did a snow job on you or you've been off the planet for a while, PST sold all their presses and the new shells (cylinders) are being made by NK Cylinders in Korea.

The SALES facility is in WI- to paraphrase Jerry Mcquire "show me the presses"

Well, from what I know when I talk to them, and I was invited to see their facility and how a Tank is made, is that its in Wisconsin...How bout this....after Xmas, I will take a trip up to the facility in Wisconsin and take some pics.....that way we will know for sure where they are made...you have me curious now

When you do that, take some good pictures of 7.25" and 8" shells being blanked and post them here because I'm willing to bet you a new PST cylinder of your choice, you won't find that being done there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom