Sherwood steels?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UnderP....thats a great point.....Do you know if the presses are extremely unique? Wouldnt they just get new ones instead of transporting? Im extremely curious about this now. I was extremely excited after talking to the PST guys at DEMA.....but now knowing all of this, Im not too sure what the quality will be.....Im still going to have a look hopefully in Jan. and I will let you guys know before so I know what to look for...

This much I do know. I have a Sherwood PST tank, the painted one according to the DOT number on it. There is no PST logo stamped on it that I can find. I like the tank, it's nice as are all the PST made Sherwood's at my LDS.

However, any new tank purchases will NEVER be PST due to what the company did in the past and the fact that they moved overseas and have tried to snow dealers into carrying their line. That last part is based on your DEMA experience. They were clearly not upfront with you since you believed based on your talks it was all made in the good ole USA.

Any sales rep who does that will not get my business. I have no problems buying gear made overseas, but I want to know that.

There is a difference between steel made here and steel made there, in general you can safely say that ours is stronger.

The old PST is gone, replaced by an unknown factor.

Dive Right In,

Since you seem to have a line already established with these guys, next time you talk to them could you ask them two things:

1) Will the new cylinders have the same guarantee as the old cylinders -- in that if they fail a properly done hydro, you get a free replacement?
2) Will they honor the guarantee that came with the existing (old) PSTs cylinderes that are out there?

If the answer to either question is yes, get a name :)

Roak

It's almost April!! Has PST kept you informed? If they are doing as they said, you should be seeing those cylinders anytime!!!! Take a look, maybe the delivery truck is turning the corner now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom