Shearwater Teric DC- Transfer to SSI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In short, No. SSI import is for Mares only, as they are the same company.

I looked at the SSI log for about 5 minutes, then decided it wasn’t going to be worth it. I’ve done several courses with SSI, and I’ve never logged a single dive on their app.

There are much better dive logs out there. I’d be shocked if a dive op asked to see a dive log, then wouldn’t accept if it wasn’t in SSI’s app.

In short, No. SSI import is for Mares only, as they are the same company.

I looked at the SSI log for about 5 minutes, then decided it wasn’t going to be worth it. I’ve done several courses with SSI, and I’ve never logged a single dive on their app.

There are much better dive logs out there. I’d be shocked if a dive op asked to see a dive log, then wouldn’t accept if it wasn’t in SSI’s app.
So I guess this guides my next question... If, in the future, I want to go for Master Diver, what is the best way to log my dives?

So I guess this guides my next question... If, in the future, I want to go for Master Diver, what is the best way to log my dives?

You could use the Shearwater app. It’s free. Frankly, I prefer MacDive. But that’s only if you’re running iPhone/iPad/Macs. Others like Subsurface, but the UI makes my teeth itch.

You could use the Shearwater app. It’s free. Frankly, I prefer MacDive. But that’s only if you’re running iPhone/iPad/Macs. Others like Subsurface, but the UI makes my teeth itch.
I have apple everything so that could work. I don't suppose shearwater transfers to MacDive?

I have apple everything so that could work. I don't suppose shearwater transfers to MacDive?

You mean Shearwater computers? Yep. Without issue. You download directly to MacDive from your Teric. I’ve been using it with Perdix for about three years. No issues. I have the desktop and mobile app. I’d been using MacDive from the beginning with another computer so it made sense to keep using it. I use iCloud for my backups, but DropBox is the other option. I like having control of my backups unlike with the Shearwater app.

You mean Shearwater computers? Yep. Without issue. You download directly to MacDive from your Teric. I’ve been using it with Perdix for about three years. No issues. I have the desktop and mobile app. I’d been using MacDive from the beginning with another computer so it made sense to keep using it. I use iCloud for my backups, but DropBox is the other option. I like having control of my backups unlike with the Shearwater app.
Thank you! Now for my follow up question. To go the next step and become Master Diver, I am assuming I have to prove all of my dives. How does that work when we log everything online? While I always have gone with a buddy or my wife, there isn't really a signature page. Are there any divers out there that know what I should do to track my dives in a way that will allow me to do Master Diver Course or anything else in the future?

Are there any divers out there that know what I should do to track my dives in a way that will allow me to do Master Diver Course or anything else in the future?
Which agency?

I believe SWs do work with MacDive. I use SW Cloud and SubSurface. Either would work for what you are trying to do. Get the iOS app for whichever you use, then if you are ever asked, you can show the log on your phone. The presence of a DC generated profile should be enough to convince even a skeptic that you did that dive.

My SSI profile has somewhere in the neighborhood of 190 dives, but zero were logged in the app. Instructors usually just asked me how many dives I’ve done, and updated on SSI. Current instructor knows me well, but in the past I can’t recall having to provide any proof.

Thank you! Now for my follow up question. To go the next step and become Master Diver, I am assuming I have to prove all of my dives. How does that work when we log everything online? While I always have gone with a buddy or my wife, there isn't really a signature page. Are there any divers out there that know what I should do to track my dives in a way that will allow me to do Master Diver Course or anything else in the future?

I've never gotten signatures from buddies since I stopped logging on paper. You have electronic proof of your dives. Maybe just note in the app on specific dives who your buddies were, dive site, etc. I strongly doubt lack of buddy signatures would keep you from getting a cert!

You can update your number of dives on the SSI website, then you just need the dive center to validate them. They should do that if you have a reasonable dive log you can show them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom