Shearwater Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@stuartv

Out of interest, do you need to pair this TX on the other computers each time, or just once.

Max of 2 TX is a bit rubbish. 3 preferably 4 would be the minimum.

Still ill keep my eye on it, as it might be an option over the OSTC 4 I'm currently looking at as a back up

You pair it just once by entering the transmitter serial # into the computer

Well, I am certainly glad I waited to buy a new computer. This will be my "last" one for sure!!

Well, I am certainly glad I waited to buy a new computer. This will be my "last" one for sure!!

I don't know.... A lot of the experts here have assured us that adding AI will ruin the computer, making it too unreliable to trust for any serious diving....

;-)

Love it! My galileo hasn't killed me yet. I also think the pricing is right in line, and the photo of the display looks like all the info is perfectly laid out and crystal clear.

Man, I see a christmas present to myself coming!

A lot of the experts here have assured us that adding AI will ruin the computer, making it too unreliable to trust for any serious diving....

;-)

I will readily admit I (not an expert) believe adding anything to an existing product has the potential to make it less reliable. However, if Shearwater stands behind this, then I have to believe they have done a LOT of testing and are confident that the new product will not sully their reputation for ultra-reliability.

Love it! My galileo hasn't killed me yet. I also think the pricing is right in line, and the photo of the display looks like all the info is perfectly laid out and crystal clear.

Man, I see a christmas present to myself coming!

Speaking of Christmas, the timing of the Perdix AI seems considerably better than last year's timing for the Perdix!

Speaking of Christmas, the timing of the Perdix AI seems considerably better than last year's timing for the Perdix!
Regarding timing, I wonder if Perdix owners feel they got cheated by SW, for not announcing AI possibility (probably to increase sales volume) at time of release of "regular" Perdix?
I don't believe SW didn't have any plans for AI at that time.

Regarding timing, I wonder if Perdix owners feel they got cheated by SW, for not announcing AI possibility (probably to increase sales volume) at time of release of "regular" Perdix?
I don't believe SW didn't have any plans for AI at that time.

At least here on SB, seems most Petrel/Perdix owners did not want AI. I often found myself in a small minority. Personally, I think the Perdix AI will quickly catch on and capture a large portion of the dive computer, especially, AI dive computer market

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom