Shearwater Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's odd to me that the Perdix AI only supports 2 transmitters. My Atom supports 3 gases and 3 transmitters. My TX-1 supports 6 gases and 6 transmitters.

Now I have another reason to go to DEMA. I'm bringing the GoPro so I'll chat with them a bit. @sphyon should see this thread...

Why a Petrel 2 instead of a Perdix, though?

Sorry--I wasn't thinking. Sure, they could continue to sell the non-AI Perdix and phase out the non-Fischer Petrel 2.

It's odd to me that the Perdix AI only supports 2 transmitters. My Atom supports 3 gases and 3 transmitters. My TX-1 supports 6 gases and 6 transmitters.

My 6+ year old VT3 supports 3 transmitters, my son's newer VT4.1 supports 4. I don't need the extra gases, so this is not important to me, I would imagine it might be important to others

Now I have another reason to go to DEMA. I'm bringing the GoPro so I'll chat with them a bit. @sphyon should see this thread...

Please ask them why they aren't supporting a transmitter for every configured gas! And, will they support it in a future firmware update? I'm really curious now if there is a hardware limitation on the number of transmitters it can work with. I REALLY doubt that. In which, a firmware update SHOULD be able to support a transmitter for every gas.

Here is another question. Say you have a single transmitter and a Perdix AI and a Hollis TX1, would both of the computers read the one transmitter at the same time?

@stuartv

Out of interest, do you need to pair this TX on the other computers each time, or just once.

Max of 2 TX is a bit rubbish. 3 preferably 4 would be the minimum.

Still ill keep my eye on it, as it might be an option over the OSTC 4 I'm currently looking at as a back up

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom