Shearwater Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AJ:
Probably it's reliable, but I still have no use for it. That's the reason why I won't buy any AI computer, SW or not. But I'am glad for all those people who want AI that SW offers it now. Did not see it coming I must admit.

Totally understood. I have said many times that I can totally see where all the crusty old divers who know their SAC well would not have much use for AI. Certainly not enough to spend the money for it.

But, many of those same crusty old divers don't seem to want to acknowledge that for newer divers (and I count myself among them) who are still learning their SAC rate and whose SAC rate is still changing as they gain experience having AI can be very valuable.

where did you see the deep 6 was supposed to be watch size?

You are right! Thanks for catching that. I just went back and looked and it is supposed to be a "puck".

I take back what I said. Instead of a 2 (or 3) horse race, maybe it will be 3 (or 4). Perdix AI, Deep 6, and Geo. With a possible 4th being the H3 w/AI (maybe). $139 is just going to be HARD to beat, if the D6 is halfway decent.

I loved my Perdix yesterday. Its still the same computer today. I have not been done-in by @Shearwater . I have no reason to be annoyed by the timing. All is well. I don't need to buy another Perdix to have AI that i didn't want yesterday. Im not upset that i have a Oceanic transmitter here doing nothing that would work great on the Perdix AI that I don't have.

Now to repeat the above 1000 times till i begin to believe it.

Perdix AI
Computer+Transmitter Bundle $1175.00
Computer Only $935.00
Transmitter Only $350.00

These are the prices for preorder from an email I received from Dive Right in Scuba today.

I think the Deep 6 computer, which has been much-talked about and is alleged to be out soon, is a watch size and they have announced it will sell for $139. And they posted here on SB that it will give the user the option to use the Buhlmann algorithm with Gradient Factors (thought I believe it will only have preset choices for the GF values - no option to choose custom values). If/when they do release it, and if/when it has some positive reviews, I think it will become very hard to justify the extra money for a Geo.
The Deep 6 computer has been a relatively long time coming. It was originally going to be RGBM only, Buhlmann with GF was relatively recently added. It is not perfectly clear how it will be implemented, but a few presets is the best guess, hopefully well chosen. It will likely be about the size of my VT3, not big

I've had a Geo 2 for more than 5 years and more than 700 dives, flawless performance and battery change is a cinch. It's currently on sale for $350, the download cable will cost you an extra $90

Speaking of a long time coming, whatever happened to the Liquivision Omnix? I think it was "announced" at DEMA a year ago.

Last edited:
The whole @Shearwater screwed us because they did not tell us they were coming out with AI last year needs to go right out the window. If you bought a Perdix 2 weeks ago, welcome to me buying a new Petrel 2 last year, 2 weeks before the Perdix was announced. There is zero difference and Shearwater owes me nothing. As I said earlier, I think I will let things die down for a bit, make sure there are no major glitches on the Perdix-AI and then I will sell my Petrel 2 and get me one. or I may just hold on to my Petrel 2 and get me a cheap non-AI Perdix when everyone starts flipping out, have not really decided yet.

I almost feel bad for the other manufacturers.....Shearwater is going to own the mid and high end computer market with this.

I loved my Perdix yesterday. Its still the same computer today. I have not been done-in by @Shearwater . I have no reason to be annoyed by the timing. All is well. I don't need to buy another Perdix to have AI that i didn't want yesterday. Im not upset that i have a Oceanic transmitter here doing nothing that would work great on the Perdix AI that I don't have.

Now to repeat the above 1000 times till i begin to believe it.

i did that when i got my petrel 2 and the perdix came out the next month. problem is if resale value on my petrel 2 drops by a lot, the extra cost of getting a new perdix ai even while owning two AUP transmitters is high enough i probably won't bother

It's already on the DGX website, for $935, transmitters cost $350. I hope the transmitters are PPS and compatible with the ones I already have. Shearwater Research Perdix-AI Dive Computer

Interestingly, the Perdix AI has now disappeared from the DGX site and the link above no longer works.

Hmmmm....

I just had to check my calendar to make sure it really is November and not April 1.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom