Shearwater Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have written to Shearwater and asked if there's any chance the Perdix could be firmware upgraded to become a Perdix AI.

Uhhhh, right. Because if it could be done with a firmware upgrade, they would roll out a whole new model, instead of just announcing a new transmitter and a firmware upgrade (possibly with an extra cost option, similar to the VPM upgrade)...

This post should be put in the dictionary as an example under the definition of Wishful Thinking.

:-D

Perdix/Petrel is in my future plans for new DC. AI option will be an option only for the same price (know it's not going to happen), and even then, I don't see any real benefit, I do not mind checking my SPG periodically.

We may soon see some good deals in the classifieds on the old 'Perdix spg'.

I have written to Shearwater and asked if there's any chance the Perdix could be firmware upgraded to become a Perdix AI.
Sounds like you'd need the 38 KHz receiver hardware, not just the firmware.

Have to hand it to Shearwater for the brilliant move on AI compatibility. I already have an Oceanic VT4 with AI and I've been wanting to switch the VT4 with a Perdix or Ratio ix3m as primary. The IX3m is a bit pricier and would probably need its own transmitter, so Shearwater has captured my attention.

I'll be honest.....I will not try to take an advantage of a fellow diver that wants "latest and greatest".
Yeah, right!:acclaim:

Agreed...... I would take no joy in doing that. :wink:

Well, this certainly stopped me from ordering the Aqua Lung i750tc.
Perdix AI it shall be.
And I agree, Shearwater will own the dive computer market with this thing.

As someone with 3 dive computers: 2 Shearwater Perdixes and 1 Aeris A300 CS with 2 transmitters, I'm thrilled that the Oceanic transmitters will work with it. I can sell one of my Perdixes and the Aeris A300 CS which should cover the cost of the Perdix AI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom