Shearwater live streaming update July 23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DRIS is emailing information too.... (1 hour after DiveSeekers)

you say that, but street dates are serious business...at least in retail...I used to work as a vendor, and I had heard of stores loosing their license to sell certain stuff over street date violations...

Oh I'm sure it COULD happen I'm just questioning if SRI would actually do that to DGX.

Thoughts on the Atmos Mission ONE for $300ish on sale? Custom gradient factors, color screen, buhlman. No AI though.

It LOOKS nice. But, it IS from some Chinese company I never heard of. So, if someone asks me, I would suggest they look at it, as well as the Deep6 computer and the Peregrine. I would not like to really suggest which one to buy because I would not be willing to put my money where my mouth is and buy any of them, myself. None of them fit my needs.

I think that biggest concern for Shearwater wss canibalising Teric and Perdix sales. If they include AI and compass to Peregrine for current price level, then only a very small fraction of divers would buy Teric and Perdix as they need Trimix and CCR function support.

Peregrine enables divers do normal deco dives, which is good for most tech dives. I am considering buying as well as He is very expensive and in nearest future I do not Trimix.

Some people would/will still buy the Teric, just because of the form factor. Even if the Peregrine did have AI. That is why I sold my Perdix AI and bought a second Teric. I strongly prefer a smaller, thinner size.

If you are already certified to use Helium (as I gather you are, since your signature block mentions Helitrox), I cannot imagine buying a computer that does not support helium. The extra cost for a Perdix over a Peregrine, is not much more than the cost of a couple of trimix fills. I consider a dive computer to be a non-trivial investment. I would not want to invest in something that wouldn't meet all the needs I have now AND the needs I could anticipate (like more trimix diving at some point in the future, even if it's not right now).

In all seriousness I doubt that SRI would smack them like that. It was most likely an honest mistake. From SRI's perspective, a sale is a sale is a sale. Pre-posting then pulling the details didn't hurt SRI in any way that I can fathom. Either they are waiting to have them in stock or they will be adding it today or over the weekend.

At the end of the day, Shearwater is a small company, run by individuals. I would absolutely not be surprised if they were not PISSED at their surprise being spoiled and put the smack down on DGX. The leaked pages made it pretty clear (in my opinion, of course) that DGX was all set to go live with taking orders yesterday at 3:00:01pm. The fact that they STILL do not have a page up for the Peregrine really, really makes me think it's because they are in Shearwater Timeout.

At the end of the day, Shearwater is a small company, run by individuals. I would absolutely not be surprised if they were not PISSED at their surprise being spoiled and put the smack down on DGX. The leaked pages made it pretty clear (in my opinion, of course) that DGX was all set to go live with taking orders yesterday at 3:00:01pm. The fact that they STILL do not have a page up for the Peregrine really, really makes me think it's because they are in Shearwater Timeout.

That is certainly very possible. Just sharing that I have my doubts. But I could absolutely be wrong.

It LOOKS nice. But, it IS from some Chinese company I never heard of. So, if someone asks me, I would suggest they look at it, as well as the Deep6 computer and the Peregrine. I would not like to really suggest which one to buy because I would not be willing to put my money where my mouth is and buy any of them, myself. None of them fit my needs.

Right, keep in mind the Deep6 is just a rebranded Crest CR-4 chinese computer as well. I mean Deep6 claims to have had some help in the development process, but I suspect 95% of it is just rebranding.

Some people would/will still buy the Teric, just because of the form factor. Even if the Peregrine did have AI. That is why I sold my Perdix AI and bought a second Teric. I strongly prefer a smaller, thinner size.

If you are already certified to use Helium (as I gather you are, since your signature block mentions Helitrox), I cannot imagine buying a computer that does not support helium. The extra cost for a Perdix over a Peregrine, is not much more than the cost of a couple of trimix fills. I consider a dive computer to be a non-trivial investment. I would not want to invest in something that wouldn't meet all the needs I have now AND the needs I could anticipate (like more trimix diving at some point in the future, even if it's not right now).

The only people who saw that were a few dive nerds on this board.

That is certainly very possible. Just sharing that I have my doubts. But I could absolutely be wrong.
Why would a company that clearly intended to sell this computer (DGX) still not have it online for sale at this point? The most obvious reason is that they violated some agreement by releasing the information ahead of time and are now paying for that mistake. I think the manufacturers hands were kinda tied, if they did not punish this early release the next product release they have someone else would “make a mistake”. It sucks for DGX I’m sure. I guess we will now see how long they have to sit in the penalty box for this.

Why would a company that clearly intended to sell this computer (DGX) still not have it online for sale at this point? The most obvious reason is that they violated some agreement by releasing the information ahead of time and are now paying for that mistake. I think the manufacturers hands were kinda tied, if they did not punish this early release the next product release they have someone else would “make a mistake”. It sucks for DGX I’m sure. I guess we will now see how long they have to sit in the penalty box for this.

Looking very possible. I can’t be right about EVERYTHING! :rofl3:

I did just find this odd FAQ on the DGX site. Hummmmm. Me thinks you all are right.

CEE738E0-4F61-47EE-8655-1C1B3663CA80.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom