Shearwater Cloud Updates Fail

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FWIW it's working across all of my devices: couple of Macs, iPhone, iPad.

Seems the local cache database needed updating on all of them

Have 409 dives logged across my Shearwater devices, so the updates took a minute or two to run the database update.

I'll rather be swimming against the current here: I quite like Shearwater Cloud. Enough functionality and it syncs between devices. Would be nice to import a few hundred dives from a Suunto POS, although they're all early days diving so aside from a diary aren't of any significant interest.

Same here. At least on iPhone and iPad. I didn't check on my Mac.
I noticed that happen when I used it on my iPhone a couple days ago. It went through the process with no problems. I only have 70 or so dives logged in SW Cloud. I primarily use Subsurface, but do also sync to SW Cloud for redundancy.
I'll rather be swimming against the current here: I quite like Shearwater Cloud. Enough functionality and it syncs between devices.
I don't hate it, but prefer other for logging. I keep it primarily for FW updates, and the like. There are some better tools out there. I do wish they would add some means to update settings through SW cloud. Not all settings, but a few.

For example, my daughters use Oceanic computers. I can make changes to some settings by connecting the computer to DiverLog+. The settings I can change vary by computer, but in general, I can change alarms, update AI transmitter ID, etc.
Would be nice to import a few hundred dives from a Suunto POS, although they're all early days diving so aside from a diary aren't of any significant interest.
Yeah, that's kind of why I started using Subsurface. Manufacturer specific dive logs only make sense if you use the same brand computer for the full history. SW Cloud doesn't allow importing these older dives, but other logs do.

Have 409 dives logged across my Shearwater devices, so the updates took a minute or two to run the database update.

I'll rather be swimming against the current here: I quite like Shearwater Cloud. Enough functionality and it syncs between devices. Would be nice to import a few hundred dives from a Suunto POS, although they're all early days diving so aside from a diary aren't of any significant interest.
I would pick some of the dives randomly to see if the data such as Date, Time, Site etc match. I have only 6 dives on my Perdix and the dates are completely wrong.

I updated to the latest version (2.9.1 on iPhone 11 Pro running latest iOS version 15.5) and it still tries to update the database when you open the app and then hangs on dive 20 - so, basically bricked and unusable (even to do FW updates) at present. I’ll call SW on Monday.
Update - I spoke to Shearwater Support this morning and they are aware of this issue and hope to have an app update to fix it shortly. Luckily, I have no need for firmware updates at present so not a problem for me.

I’ll add that I got right through to a human who transferred me to another human to help me (that doesn’t happen often these days) and the tech I spoke to was extremely apologetic for the issue. Great customer service as usual!

Update - I spoke to Shearwater Support this morning and they are aware of this issue and hope to have an app update to fix it shortly. Luckily, I have no need for firmware updates at present so not a problem for me.

I’ll add that I got right through to a human who transferred me to another human to help me (that doesn’t happen often these days) and the tech I spoke to was extremely apologetic for the issue. Great customer service as usual!

I wanted to post an update as well. I'm able to use the app on my phone and tablet (all apple) no problem but run into the issue on my laptop. Spoke with Shearwater and they hope to have the app update ready later this week.

Thankfully for me this isn't a huge issue as the only reason I use the app on my computer is to export the log onto another platform.

Still have syncing issues.

Some missing information.

1658405030089.png

2.9.3 update worked perfectly for me on Windows 10. Seems like they identified and fixed the bug.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom