Shearwater Cloud App Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alex_Garland

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

As I am in the market for a new dive computer, a dive buddy of mine recently loaned me his Shearwater Teric to try out on my next trip (April 29-May 3). One of his few gripes about the Teric is that he has to configure it (user name, settings, etc.) directly through the watch using the scroll buttons. Unlike other bluetooth-enabled DCs, his Teric won't allow the user to configure the settings through the app. However, I think he bought his model several years ago, and I'm wondering if Shearwater Research may have adjusted the software to allow setting changes through a smartphone app? I have Googled this question but not found anything. Do any Teric/Perdix owners have insights on this?

Thanks.

Still on the computer as far as I know, you only do it once.
Yep.

One of my minor frustrations with the Shearwater model, which has settings for everything but a diver's mood. If GoPro were capable of app-based settings of its far-less specialized sports cameras, years ago, I would think that a yup-scale dive computer could do much the same.

Damn, I hate pushing tiny buttons . . .

The only things that are updated/controlled by the app are firmware updates and loading splash screen graphics. That's all I've ever seen on my Perdix models. I would sure like to be able to change settings via the app. That would be pretty cool!

Hello,

As I am in the market for a new dive computer, a dive buddy of mine recently loaned me his Shearwater Teric to try out on my next trip (April 29-May 3). One of his few gripes about the Teric is that he has to configure it (user name, settings, etc.) directly through the watch using the scroll buttons. Unlike other bluetooth-enabled DCs, his Teric won't allow the user to configure the settings through the app. However, I think he bought his model several years ago, and I'm wondering if Shearwater Research may have adjusted the software to allow setting changes through a smartphone app? I have Googled this question but not found anything. Do any Teric/Perdix owners have insights on this?

Thanks.
It’s still the same as of September ‘23, I too was a little disappointed that it can’t be entered by a Bluetooth connected device, in this day and age, perhaps in the future….

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom