Question I just downloaded Shearwater cloud and I have a question about gas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoag

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got back from my first dive trip in over 3 years. I also just got two new Dive Computers, a PERDIX AI and a Teric.

This morning I downloaded the Shearwater Cloud app (IOS) and connected to my Teric to download the logs from the trip. In the Gas section, it shows:

Programmed OC Gases 36/00
32/00
21/00

I was breathing EAN 32 all week. How do I select that in the app? I see where I can add "Gas Notes", is this the only place to identify what I was breathing, or can I select from the 3 options somehow?

Thanks for any help you might give as I try to enter the 21st century.

I just got back from my first dive trip in over 3 years. I also just got two new Dive Computers, a PERDIX AI and a Teric.

This morning I downloaded the Shearwater Cloud app (IOS) and connected to my Teric to download the logs from the trip. In the Gas section, it shows:

Programmed OC Gases 36/00
32/00
21/00

I was breathing EAN 32 all week. How do I select that in the app? I see where I can add "Gas Notes", is this the only place to identify what I was breathing, or can I select from the 3 options somehow?

Thanks for any help you might give as I try to enter the 21st century.

In Shearwater computers, there are gasses that are programmed in and then gasses that are "active" during a dive. I've attached below a screenshot. You can see that I have the same gasses programmed in but in the upper left corner of the dive graph, you can see that 32/00 was active. See the red ovals on the screenshot.

If you make a gas switch during a dive (i.e., to accelerate a deco obligation), that will show up in the graph as well.

gas.png

Regards,

- brett

In Shearwater computers, there are gasses that are programmed in and then gasses that are "active" during a dive. I've attached below a screenshot. You can see that I have the same gasses programmed in but in the upper left corner of the dive graph, you can see that 32/00 was active. See the red ovals on the screenshot.

If you make a gas switch during a dive (i.e., to accelerate a deco obligation), that will show up in the graph as well.

View attachment 757188

Regards,

- brett
Thank you.

After I read your response, I looked at the log entries again and on the graph, it shows as 32/00 (like on your 1st red oval). In retrospect, although I would have put the gas I was breathing in the section for that tank (your final red oval), I can also see the logic of doing it the way that they did.

Thank you.

After I read your response, I looked at the log entries again and on the graph, it shows as 32/00 (like on your 1st red oval). In retrospect, although I would have put the gas I was breathing in the section for that tank (your final red oval), I can also see the logic of doing it the way that they did.

What you are suggesting wouldn't work if you use multiple gasses during the dive. For example, let's say you used 21% for the dive and then 36% for deco? How would you show that in the "Programmed Gasses" section?

Whereas during the dive profile, you can see which gas you had active during any given sub-segment of the dive.

Does that make sense?

- brett

What you are suggesting wouldn't work if you use multiple gasses during the dive. For example, let's say you used 21% for the dive and then 36% for deco? How would you show that in the "Programmed Gasses" section?

Whereas during the dive profile, you can see which gas you had active during any given sub-segment of the dive.

Does that make sense?

- brett
But with what I suggested, couldn't you just select the Gas for each Tank? (ie. Tank 1 has 32/00 and Tank 2 has another mixture that would be selectable for that tank?) Anyway, you answered my question, so thank you.

But with what I suggested, couldn't you just select the Gas for each Tank? (ie. Tank 1 has 32/00 and Tank 2 has another mixture that would be selectable for that tank?) Anyway, you answered my question, so thank you.

Anyway
That would mean two transmitters and two different files, each showing the gas you had in the tank to which that transmitter was attached.

ADDED: I was speaking of an AI computer. For non-AI, all is well, as Jim shows in the next post.

This is a 2 gas dive I did earlier today. Nitrox 31 & 100% Oxygen. You can see where the gasses used are shown hopefully.

1670277305372.png

Hello
This does not work well when diving sidemount with two transmitters attached to the sidemount tanks and stage tanks. Not long ago, you couldn‘t use more than two transmitters. And buying a transmitter just for the deco-stage seems a little bit too much IMHO.

Best wishes Jens

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom