She asked for it.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well I'm not going so that's not a problem now is it?

I say leave the whiner at home and go for your boat dive without MDB, some people just like to complain so that they get attention. Let her feel ignored, have a little pity party when everyone goes out diving without her and then (hopefully) get over it and realize that any opportunity to dive is a good thing. JMAO of course :wink:

Royal pain maybe
Peasants: "Boy isn't it a nice day? Nice and quiet since MDB isn't here whining! Wow we're glad we decided to stop trying to make her come and invited Perrone instead. I wonder if she's catching any fish back there at the beach? Probably not, she's probably all tangled up in her line and has given up and is sitting under her umbrella"

MysteryDiveBuddy:
Royal pain maybe
Peasants: "Boy isn't it a nice day? Nice and quiet since MDB isn't here whining! Wow we're glad we decided to stop trying to make her come and invited Perrone instead. I wonder if she's catching any fish back there at the beach? Probably not, she's probably all tangled up in her line and has given up and is sitting under her umbrella"
Your avatar clearly says Queen. Now act like it dammit. The masses are awaiting leadership:D

NadMat:
I say leave the whiner at home and go for your boat dive without MDB, some people just like to complain so that they get attention. Let her feel ignored, have a little pity party when everyone goes out diving without her and then (hopefully) get over it and realize that any opportunity to dive is a good thing. JMAO of course :wink:

Do keep in mind that this was not my idea, I know how to get attention when I want it and despite the popular opinion of the grazing herd animals I happen to enjoy spending time by myself. Any oppurtunity to dive is not always a good thing however, safety should be considored first which is WHY I spend a good deal of my time willingly sitting out dives. Happily. On the shore by myself.

MysteryDiveBuddy:

Do keep in mind that this was not my idea, I know how to get attention when I want it and despite the popular opinion of the grazing herd animals I happen to enjoy spending time by myself. Any oppurtunity to dive is not always a good thing however, safety should be considored first which is WHY I spend a good deal of my time willingly sitting out dives. Happily. On the shore by myself.

If you don't want to do the dive, then let no one force you into it. But diving is an inherently dangerous sport, whether boat or shore. I have found boat diving to be usually less dangerous than shore diving, and much more enjoyable, but love diving whenever and wherever I get a chance to dive something I feel comfortable with, or perhaps just beyond my current comfort zone if all other conditions are right. But some of the best diving is not easily accessible from shore, and where it is, the swim out and back can complicate things, which is why I am all about boat diving when I get a chance. Once again, JMAO

I considor me diving anything beyond my skill set to be a danger to my buddies and myself (and the boat crew if applicable) so I don't do it. I stay put on the shore. The ocean isn't going anywhere and if you know where and how to look shore dives can be just as interesting as boat dives without having to swim seven miles. Speaking of swimming, the last boat dive I did was AROUND Carval Rock off St. John, now that's a lot of swimming. I think NadMat is trying to weasel an invite on the boat trip :wink:

MysteryDiveBuddy:
I considor me diving anything beyond my skill set to be a danger to my buddies and myself (and the boat crew if applicable) so I don't do it. I stay put on the shore. The ocean isn't going anywhere and if you know where and how to look shore dives can be just as interesting as boat dives without having to swim seven miles. Speaking of swimming, the last boat dive I did was AROUND Carval Rock off St. John, now that's a lot of swimming. I think NadMat is trying to weasel an invite on the boat trip :wink:

Dang, I've been found out... :D

However, won't be in Fl area anytime soon that I know about, so no chance to weasel in on this trip :wink:

Good idea to not push your current limits too hard, but push them you must, slowly and carefully to be sure, if you want to expand them. And shore dives can be just as interesting as boats, and always fun to pop up next to somebody standing waist deep in water and scare the crap out of them coming in :)

But you have to decide for yourself when, where, and with whom to push them. I don't know your personal experience level, but consider that if something goes wrong boat diving, you will usually have O2 and a radio just above on boat, rather than a long swim back to shore to find your cell phone to call for help. If your buddies have experience of the planned dive, and it does not push your current level too hard, I would not say you are endangering anyone, rather you will be making you and your future dive buddies safer by expanding your skill set. However, important thing is that you have fun, and be safe, whether diving from boat or shore, so if boat is not yet 'fun' for you, hang back on shore, get the brats grillin' and keep the beer cold for when your buddies get back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom