She asked for it.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

5. I lack the mental and physical stamina to boat dive
6. Not qualified
7. I have stuffy sinuses
8. I'm annoying
9. I can't function properly without some sand in my gear

FWIW, I have never seen a water spout out of Panama City. I suppose one could happen, but in over 2 years of diving there I haven't seen it, nor even heard of anyone seeing one there.

there was one on the news last week or the week before :28:

MysteryDiveBuddy:
5. I lack the mental and physical stamina to boat dive
6. Not qualified
7. I have stuffy sinuses
8. I'm annoying
9. I can't function properly without some sand in my gear
5. You need more stamina to swim to a dive site from shore
6. you only get qualified by doing
7. Same sinuses that dive from land with:D
8. So's he...perfect dive buddy
9. carry sand in your bc pocket to soil your gear with
next???

To address some of your issues (Sanctuary is a 6 pack I dive on & would be a good alternative choice for this bunch. I've dove on Sea Hunter as well, mostly the same things apply to both boats):

1. If you're late you miss the tide not the boat - with these boats, they're a bit more flexible than a big cattle boat & will wait on divers for a reasonable amt of time.

5. Shore divers can get out of the sun - Sea Hunter and Sanctuary have cabins & awnings over the dive deck, plenty of "not in the sun" on these 6 packs.

6. No DM telling you what to do, as a shore diver I take responsibility for my own conduct and safety and that of my buddy - No DM will be guiding these dives unless you request it. Dive as a group, in buddy pairs or solo, as suits you. The general mode is to get chained off, set up and proclaim the pool to be open.

11. No wierd rules of etiquette regarding gear, seating, camera tables (whatever they are), and rinse buckets - these boats don't have camera tables. The only etiquette I'm aware of for rinse buckets is that it's up to you to keep up with your gear. Snactuary has a rinse bucket for masks, and has a fresh water rinse. Sea Hunter, I don't recall seeing a rinse bucket & does not have a fresh water rinse.

12. A rough surf shore exit is way easier than a rough sea boat exit - Having done both, I disagree. Though they are different.

13. If something breaks you can go back to the car or up the street to the LDS to fix it - often there are spares on the boat. Bil generally keeps some stuff on Sanctuary.

14. If something breaks you have no baggage restrictions so you're probably carrying a spare - I usually carry a spare mask & regulator set, as well as a small save a dive kit I made with some basic tools, o rings & such.

15. You fillet your own fish - You still will.

16. Nobody else touches your gear - Same here. At most, the deckhand will check your valve prior to entry.

18. None of this descend with the group, stay with the group, ascend with the group nonsense you can go at your own pace and are only limited by your choice of buddy - You won't do this group diving from either Sea Hunter or Sanctuary unless you as a group plan it.

19. NO INSTABUDDIES! If your buddy sucks that's your own fault - when booking a 6 pack with your own group, there are no instabuddies.

10. I don't want to be qualified
11. I'm allergic to whatever paint they use on boats
12. Stuffy sinuses on land are not a waste of $$$
13. I don't dive in currents
14. The ocean is a scary hostile environment

Invite Perrone, I'm not going :28:

You could even go out on Robb's boat. He's a friend of mine that does private fishing & diving charters. Max of 4 divers. So you *could* go out with just you & Wilbur, maybe a 3rd if you like, and have a boat take you to some nice, easy sites to start out with & not have all your friends along for the event.

MysteryDiveBuddy:
10. I don't want to be qualified
11. I'm allergic to whatever paint they use on boats
12. Stuffy sinuses on land are not a waste of $$$
13. I don't dive in currents
14. The ocean is a scary hostile environment

Invite Perrone, I'm not going :28:
10. consider it a challenge
11. I'll send you a surgical mask
12. use drugs and take your time. any new experience is not a waste of money
13. So don't. Boats are not synonomous with currents
14. So is Florida:wink: I worry more about people than anything in the water