Shaving and Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use Finishing Touch and don't get the red bumps.

Tried the laser and since my hair was not dark enough, it didn't work. Doctor's office did not charge me anything for the visit. They referred me to another location that used a light laser. I had the treatment on my underarms ($150) and on my bikini area ($200) 10 days ago and hair is falling out already! I owe it all to SB.

Alright, so I'm a guy, but I know about lasers and getting hair removed (suffice it to say, I've had it done (yeah, all over (I HATE HAIR)) and the one thing nobody mentioned is the pain of laser, I've had wax jobs and their harmless but lasers will leave a pain you won't soon forget. Yeah, I know, wrong sex and about 4 months too late.

Well, it may be true that we didn't talk about pain and laser in this thread, but we have mentioned it in other threads. Like this thread that talks about pain and laser for men and women http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=3206

Just remember that laser should not be painless but it should not be excruciating either. You have to work with your technician to get the right level for your skin/hair colour/type and pain tolerance.

I'm sure that many women here appreciate a male point of view, so I don't think you need to apologize. :)

Like Vickie said, I use Conditioner to shave also. After shower, I use Johnson & Johnson's Baby Oil on my body (everywhere) before I wipe myself off of the water.

Usually, skin stays softer and moisturized after I do this. It's hypo-allergic too, so I don't have to worry about the irritations caused by other products.

At least this works for me.

Lisa, did you send the right link or are we all going to get a lesson in home-buying? Tee-hee!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom