Shaving and Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ayisha:
Dherbman, a close shave can also give a woman with sensitive skin ingrown hair. Going with the hair growth will help prevent ingrowns for those women who suffer from them.

The areas that are lasered become incredibly smooth, like a baby's skin. I have dry skin in general, but my lasered areas stay extremely soft and smooth. Love it!

Thanks Ayisha, I'll change my ways. Laser sounds like something we will look into.

Hey, I'm just suggesting IF someone is plagued with razor bumps and ingrowns like I was. If not, all the power to ya! :)

DiveMaven, you got off easy. I paid $800 CDN on sale for my brazilian 2 years ago, but the prices have come down now. Touche. Good for you girls now.

Forget shaving all together and go to a salon and wax that stuff off. Doesn't hurt as much as you imagine and the results last for weeks. No bumps either. Clean as a baby's rear end.

Bratface:
Forget shaving all together and go to a salon and wax that stuff off. Doesn't hurt as much as you imagine and the results last for weeks.

My wife says you "LIE, LIE, LIE"!

I paid just a little over $1000 for 180 minutes. I go for 15-30 minutes at a time. They just work their way through my "list" until the time runs out. bikini, underarms, legs, arms, eyebrows..........

Bratface:
Forget shaving all together and go to a salon and wax that stuff off. Doesn't hurt as much as you imagine and the results last for weeks. No bumps either. Clean as a baby's rear end.

I agree. Waxing is the way to go. After the first few times you get used to it and it's still uncomfortable but not really painful. The best part is no bumps and it does last a whole lot longer than shaving.

I WAS getting ingrowns from waxing. I've been waxing for 18 years and have great results, but was getting ingrowns in the bikini area - nowhere else - no ingrowns on my legs, underarms, etc. I tried the laser and within 2 treatments, ALL the ingrown scars were completely gone and have never returned!

Maybe it's the technique... All I know is that I choose not to shave because of the course stubble, and waxing is great in all but 1 area. Waxing is definitely better than shaving.

Im a guy so what do I know....I use shaving cream on my face, no bumbs. Present and past girlfriends (and one ex wife) have mostly used my shaving cream. Gillette for sensitive skin:)

What I use.... those cheap eyebrow shavers that use batteries .... they don't hurt and no bumps ! Your supposed to use them when dry.... so all I do is shave right after I get out of the shower.... works like a charm.... and the shavers are only 10 dollars.

Back
Top Bottom