Shaving and Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJewel

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
OK girls here's a question for you.

I Usually dive in a drysuit here in the northwest but when I lead dive trips to the tropics I have noticed that after shaving my pubic area that I get inflamed red bumps in the area shaved.

This never happens except when diving.

Do any of you have any suggestions?

Julie

I get it whether diving or not.

I use a cream called Bikini Zone. www.bikini-zone.com Use it right after shaving or waxing, then 2 or 3 times a day for 2-3 days. I still get a few bumps, but it's not nearly as painful and ugly. Also, exfoliate the area before shaving, and for a few days afterwards.

Someone needs to invent a permanent way to remove hair, that's cheap and painless. :)

I use conditioner, I have never had a problem since I started. I was told that the bumps we cause by by razor burn and the conditioner protects the skin from this.

V

I'll try the Bikini Zone. I think I will also try shaving in the evening before the dive so the area has a chance to heal before subjecting it to the sun, water and humidity.

If anyone else has any good suggestions I would like to hear those as well.

Thanks Girls

Julie

Cortisone cream does work but it just calms down irritated skin; I I don't think it's meant to be a long term solution or that you can keep using it regularly. I've given up on hair removal on my bikini line altogether - now i have a new gadget which just trims the hair really short. It's good enough for me and eliminates all those pesky skin problems. A lot cheaper too than all these creams and waxings etc.

As long as there is a significant differential between your hair color and skin color, stop shaving and try laser.....works wonders, no stubble, is smooth as can be, there are no unsightly red bumps, is inexpensive and is permanent....

Update.

Shaving with cold water instead of warm seems to do the trick as well as shaving at night and letting the area heal before it gets wet again.

Using shaving cream helps. I really hate that itch, especially when it decides to rear its ugly head at the most inopportune moments, usually in a crowd.

Back
Top Bottom