Shaving and Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use Noxzema as well when I shave and after.

Thanks to this forum, I go for my first laser visit on Wednesday for my bikini area. I am kind of thrilled actually to be having this done. I called around over the past week to the local salons. Most places told me straight out that their techniques would not work on blonds. I found a a place in locally that specializes in lasering for light haired people. It's part of the Ak Ctr for Facial and Plastic Reconstructive Surgery. It's $150 per session (45 minutes) and they said it would take 4-5 sessions. Ms. Brazilian here we come.

AlaskaDiver:
Thanks to this forum, I go for my first laser visit on Wednesday for my bikini area. I am kind of thrilled actually to be having this done. I called around over the past week to the local salons. Most places told me straight out that their techniques would not work on blonds. I found a a place in locally that specializes in lasering for light haired people. It's part of the Ak Ctr for Facial and Plastic Reconstructive Surgery. It's $150 per session (45 minutes) and they said it would take 4-5 sessions. Ms. Brazilian here we come.
Good for you! Laser is definitely the way to go, AlaskaDiver! I did both my bikini line and my underarms, and am most pleased with the results!

Longstocking:
What I use.... those cheap eyebrow shavers that use batteries .... they don't hurt and no bumps ! Your supposed to use them when dry.... so all I do is shave right after I get out of the shower.... works like a charm.... and the shavers are only 10 dollars.
Totally agree.
https://www.asseenontvnetwork.com/vcc/ideavillage/bikinitouch/108520/
If only someone had told me about this back when I wore the itsy-bitsy bikinis!

Be careful, get good references and check them out...I have seen articles about injuries (including very nasty looking pictures of burns and scars) from the operators cranking up the juice to get the fine hard to remove hair. Make sure there is a certified Doctor on the staff and in attendence. Imagine what that area would look like covered with small circular burn scars that won't tan...

Mike

The skin around your pubic area can be very sensitive.
Shaving gel, body wash, conditioner would help. The other thing you may want to consider is paying a little bit more money for a better razor.
Make sure you pick the flexiable razor, that you can change blades e.g. Venus.
Just like picking your fins. The key is less effort, but more efficient. This would prevent overrubbing your skin.

Jewels,

I would recommend a sugar scrub applied when shaving. The oil base will moisturize and the sugar exfoliates while shaving. No bumps, even if you forget to apply lotion afterwards. You can get a decent sc for about six dollars @ trader joes.

H - the IslandCowgirl

What laser were they using?

At the plastic surgery center where I work we use the Aurora,

http://www.syneron.com/aurora.html

Our doc chose it specifically because it can take care of all hair colors. (in addition to the other things it can do)

I've had it done, we use icy cold air blower as well,
http://www.syneron.com/synercool.html
to kind of numb up the area before zapping it. The zap was not bad on my upper lip, and was somewhere between a tickle and a tiny rubber band being snapped on my underarm...

You might check around and see if anyone local has it, otherwise come on down to seattle!

AlaskaDiver:
Okay- I just got back from my first laser appointment and they said hair was too light and too fine. They recommended another office in town. I'll try that out next week. A bit disappointed, but at least there is another opportunity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom