Shark Tooth Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So far there are 3 of us going. None of us have been diving there before, so I'd be very greatful to have someone that has coming along. All kinds of awesome directions on the site, though. I've seen here that some people paddle out, so I was considering doing the same. I'm driving my big ole gas guzzler quad cab, so we have PLENTY of room for more gear and people if you are from the NE coast or in between here and there. I'm hoping Ike turned things up a bit- heard there was a pretty big storm surge on the gulf side.

Oh yeah... checked with Aristakrat- he is going to be out of town that day.

Just hope we have vis and its not like swimming in pea soap. ~~~Babe~~~

I'll second this one. A week after a bad storm you likely won't be able to see your gauges if they are touching your mask. Yet, there's probably somebody here that enjoys that.

Welp, here is the deal. Based on a photo someone sent me on another thread of mine, and the statements above... I think we better delay one week. If we do so, Aristacrat will be available per his online schedule. I've already sent him a note saying to hold some seats for us on Thursday, Sept 25th. $40 per seat. That being said, I'd like to be able to fill up his boat. We have a couple seats open- 2 or 3 only. If interested, let me know and I'll try to set it up with him. We also have 1-2 seats in our car if anyone needs a ride from NE FL (Jacksonville).

Mike

Went out to the boneyard today and the viz was a max of 5 foot. There were some areas that were covered in silt and zero viz. Second dive I hit bottom before I saw it.

First dive was really good. Came out with a 4 + incher, and several megs and other fossils. Whale vert's and dolphin vert. Second dive was not as good, no complaints. Just glad to be out there and not having to work. ~~~Babe~~~

Attachments

• Venice shark tooth 067.jpg
    Venice shark tooth 067.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Venice shark tooth 062.jpg
    Venice shark tooth 062.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Venice shark tooth 068.jpg
    Venice shark tooth 068.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Venice shark tooth 064.jpg
    Venice shark tooth 064.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
First dive was really good. Came out with a 4 + incher, and several megs and other fossils. Whale vert's and dolphin vert. Second dive was not as good, no complaints. Just glad to be out there and not having to work. ~~~Babe~~~

Very, very nice. :cool2:

Just added a few pictures of the teeth found off the Aristakat. Thanks Jamie for taking us. Your the bomb. :acclaim:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom