Shark sighting in Santa Monica Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teamcasa

Sr. Moderator
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Maybe that shark will show up in some SB members pictures.:wink:

From todays LATimes: Shark sighting in Santa Monica Bay has surfers buzzing -- latimes.com
Photos taken Saturday morning near Pacific Palisades appear to show a large white shark leaping from the water. The sharks aren't endangering anyone, an L.A. County Fire Department official says.

49728979.jpg

Check out the entire sequence of photos.
Pacific Coast Shark News
I made a half dozen dives in that area the past two years. Visibility ranged from a high of eight feet to a low of two inches. The average vis was two feet. I don't think I'll be making another dive there. :)

Can you say... Photoshop??? They were even joking on the news last night how it looked photoshopped..

O i'm sure they are out there but GW usually don't jump out of the water.. I did see that special on discovery about them jumping for seal pups down in the Galapagos or where ever it was..

As max said....that photo came from here.....the shots here are much better :D. Quite the sighting I must say...but not somewhere I would want to get near for diving.

Pacific Coast Shark News

Fantastic stuff!

Last edited:
O i'm sure they are out there but GW usually don't jump out of the water.. I did see that special on discovery about them jumping for seal pups down in the Galapagos or where ever it was..

South Africa. And in Air Jaws 2, they did show some GWs on the Cali coast (Northern part I think) do occasionally jump, but not with the frequency in South Africa.

Can anyone varify if this is for real?

John

This seems legitimate; the photographer was out there for shark research and there have been multiple sightings of sharks breeching in the area

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom