SFO October 24/25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would normally just put things in a bath tub in my hotel room :) Messy but works.

That's fine too.

I am sure Marriott room cleaning service is bit upset with it but nothing a big tip can't resolve :)

My last attempt of diving in LA ended up with tub full of sand as I crawled my way out of surf and dragged it with me. :)

Ain't it strange the more "full service" the hotel, the LESS convenient it is for divers?

Many "low end" motels have hoses available for rinsing gear, if nothing else, and the owner/operators are usually quite accomodating in letting you clean gear in the parking lot or work areas.

However, the "high end" hotels never let you near a hose, let alone any working areas to rinse your gear. So, you end up carting your dripping, salty and sandy gear over their Persian rugs into the carpeted elevator and along the carpeted hallways to your room, when you end up with a small bucket of sand in the bathtub. (At least you eventually will make some plumber happy.)

Ain't it strange the more "full service" the hotel, the LESS convenient it is for divers?

Many "low end" motels have hoses available for rinsing gear, if nothing else, and the owner/operators are usually quite accomodating in letting you clean gear in the parking lot or work areas.

However, the "high end" hotels never let you near a hose, let alone any working areas to rinse your gear. So, you end up carting your dripping, salty and sandy gear over their Persian rugs into the carpeted elevator and along the carpeted hallways to your room, when you end up with a small bucket of sand in the bathtub. (At least you eventually will make some plumber happy.)

How true. But I got reprimanded in the past for staying at Courtyards and my manager telling me I should be staying at FS Marriott. Oh well :/ I listen to my boss.

Anyhow, anyone else wants to dive on 24th PM or 25th AM or PM? I am booked on Monterey Express. More the merrier, they have plenty of spots left.

Me! Oh wait! I already booked that :)
See you there!

A co-worker of mine is flying in Saturday from NYC as well. He would need to rent everything for AM dive. Who should he call to arrange?

There are three LDSs in Monterey and any of them can handle local rentals: Aquarius on Del Monte, Aquarius II at the Breakwater and Bamboo Reec on Lighthouse. They all have websites for contact and other info.

Posted via Mobile Device

Based upon the fact we're leaving from K dock, I would recommend Aquarius on Del Monte, that way you aren't navigating further south than you need to be.

I just bought x-span 5/3 hooded vest to add to my 7mm x-span full suit.

I also exchanged few emails with our captain at Monterey Express. He said that with wetsuit I probably won't be able to recover between two trips to do 4 dives (one morning and one afternoon) in one day in wetsuit. I assume he is right as he is the expert.

I now just hope he will go out Saturday afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom