SFO October 24/25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also exchanged few emails with our captain at Monterey Express. He said that with wetsuit I probably won't be able to recover between two trips to do 4 dives (one morning and one afternoon) in one day in wetsuit. I assume he is right as he is the expert.

I'm certainly no expert, but I'm not sure I'd agree with that assessment. There are several things you can do to mitigate the cold. Some of my favorites: pre-fill your suit with warm water prior to each dive; drink warm fluids during the surface interval; protect against evaporative cooling by toweling off and wearing a jacket (with or without the wetsuit).

I've used these techniques with great results, but never for more than two dives. You'd be taking a chance and might choose to not do your fourth dive or cut it short. Might be worth it for the opportunity to dive more, though (especially as a traveling diver).

Congrats on the purchase of a hooded vest. That will go a long way to keeping your core warm.

Well DS is running a special for dry suit (Typhoon TCS) at $499. It was something I couldn't pass. So I have about good week to get it and then about a week to try it out and see if I can dive it at Monterey :) This might get me 4 dives that day :)

Way to go! Have fun with that!

Thanks!

Either way I am looking forward to my SFO trip and diving in Monterey.

Which provider had 3 dives in one day? Monterey Express only has 2 dives per trip.

The Cypress Sea does 3 tank dives

Not on the 25th AM.

Hey, we've already paid for the Express, we're going buddy!
If that's not enough for you, maybe we can swing a shore dive when we get off the boat, I think that can be arranged, they are right around the corner from each other.

Hey, we've already paid for the Express, we're going buddy!
If that's not enough for you, maybe we can swing a shore dive when we get off the boat, I think that can be arranged, they are right around the corner from each other.

I already paid too! I am going :)

But we could do lunch (extensive SI) and do the shore dive? Beats the hell out of the hotel room!

Also if someone wants to do Saturday afternoon shore dive? I would appreciate any diving opportunity while there :)

Plus I just got a call from LDS that my cold water kit for my Atomic B2x came so I will be ready (I hope :wink: for some cold water diving this winter!

Darn... if I look at myself way back in June I was only looking to be few times a year type of diver and now few months after certification I already have over 60 dives in and few grand in equipment. Ouch!

Anyway... any chance anyone will be shore diving Saturday afternoon in Monterey (or somewhere near SFO) of 24th?

Back
Top Bottom