Setpoint during fast decent, what do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

(I don't even wanna know how you plan your bailout or for how long you use your sorb and cells.)
Bailout plan: 30 lt/min and 50 bar left
Sorb: normaly I exchange sorb after every dive. Sorb is cheap, life is not.
Cell: I exchange all 4 cells after 12 month, no matter how good they still are. We hat a discussion in this forum about changing them all together or changing 1 cell every X month. Both ways have advantage/disadvantage.

I can perfectly breath air at 80m on OC. Why is CC 12/35 at 60m a density problem? I fully understand that higher He reduces density but which amount of density is OK?
In one instance, there is 10b of pressure pushing gas into your mouth once the demand lever is cracked.

In the other instance, your lungs are physically forcing the air around the loop. As density increases, so does the effort associated with this process.

In one instance, there is 10b of pressure pushing gas into your mouth once the demand lever is cracked.

In the other instance, your lungs are physically forcing the air around the loop. As density increases, so does the effort associated with this process.
I do not agree with " there is 10b of pressure pushing gas into your mouth" but I know what you meen and now I can see the difference between OC and CC as far as densitiy is concerned.

On OC regulators WOB can be measured easily. Can this be done on a CCR as well? I don't think this is a problem, is it?

Thousends of divers do so as well.
Thousands of people drive drunk and are not dead, so how can it be a bad idea.

I don't think there are that many people dumb enough to think air dil to 200' is a great idea.

On OC regulators WOB can be measured easily. Can this be done on a CCR as well? I don't think this is a problem, is it?
Yes, it can and is done by some manufacturers. There are resources on the Liberty website. WOB is often sensitive to fit and orientation. The BM Liberty is something like 2.16 J/L on 21% at 40m and 75L RMV, or at least was quoted as such in 2015. I don’t have test data for the SM unit or the newer BOV or DSVs.

I don't think there are that many people dumb enough to think air dil to 200' is a great idea.
You missunderstand me intentionally again. I never said air dil to 60m is a "great idea". I said it can be done without problems if there is no other dil arounfd. Of course I prefere 21/35 or 18/45 or similar.

Yes, it can and is done by some manufacturers. There are resources on the Liberty website. WOB is often sensitive to fit and orientation. The BM Liberty is something like 2.16 J/L on 21% at 40m and 75L RMV, or at least was quoted as such in 2015. I don’t have test data for the SM unit or the newer BOV or DSVs.
Is there a limit for WOB?

Altough what ever this limit may be, is it resonnable? GUE's max. END (30m?) OC is not reasonnable to me at all, so what about this WOB limit?

Is there a limit for WOB?

Altough what ever this limit may be, is it resonnable? GUE's max. END (30m?) OC is not reasonnable to me at all, so what about this WOB limit?
If you don’t find the evidence behind Simon Mitchell gas density 5.2g/L reasonable or the increasingly-industry-agreed-upon 30M END reasonable, you’re likely not going to find whatever the equivalent WOB recommendations are either.

CE EN14143:2003 subsection 5.6.1.2 is the limit for CE approval.

But most respiratory failures are from exhaling. Low cracking pressure is meaningless when you're exhalation causes co2 retention.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom