Setpoint during fast decent, what do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think you "know" it is dangerous. You repeat what you were told.

According to GUE END>30m(?) is dangerous. In fact it is not at all.

I survived the last hundreds CCR dives. Was it dangerous? I don't think at all.

By the was, last week I was diving in Sardina at 63m on CCR. The other divers used 21/35 or 18/45, OC or CCR. No other gas was used.

I don't think you "know" it is dangerous. You repeat what you were told.

According to GUE END>30m(?) is dangerous. In fact it is not at all.

I survived the last hundreds CCR dives. Was it dangerous? I don't think at all.

By the was, last week I was diving in Sardina at 63m on CCR. The other divers used 21/35 or 18/45, OC or CCR. No other gas was used.

Recreational nitrox. Ppo2 limit is 1.4, AN/DP ppo2 limit 1.4 for working part of the dive, 1.6 for deco only. This is universally accepted safe limits across the industry.

So you running a constant 1.6 is considered dangerous.

In fact I ve never heard about gas density or accepted gas density.
Who did you do your Liberty class with? Learing about gas density is usually part of an entry level class?

Recreational nitrox. Ppo2 limit is 1.4, AN/DP ppo2 limit 1.4 for working part of the dive, 1.6 for deco only. This is universally accepted safe limits across the industry.

So you running a constant 1.6 is considered dangerous.
I do not run a constant 1.6 pO2. Who sais so?

In fact I ve never heard about gas density or accepted gas density. What kind of limits do we have here?

Accepted END according to GUE is extremely severe, I don't belive in it at all. Is accepted gas density comparable?
So you really want to tell us, that you have a rebreather, that is on the market for roughly 5 years (?) now, and that you did at least the entry level class for it without hearing something about the influence of gas density? Do you have a Nitrox or Trimix cert?
You really should think about your education. There are two possibilities here:
1. Your instructor really didn't mention it.
2. Your instructor mentioned it and you didn't understand / wanted to get it.
Actually based on your behavior and your questions here i would guess that it is 2.
What you do is dangerous and at some point it will catch you.

So you really want to tell us, that you have a rebreather, that is on the market for roughly 5 years (?) now, and that you did at least the entry level class for it without hearing something about the influence of gas density?
Yes. Simply yes.

https://gga.kr/wp-content/uploads/2...-Scientific-Diving-Proceedings-2016-simon.pdf I will have a look at this in a few days, right now I don't find time to do so.

OC I dive to 75m on a 18/45, short time on target depth. I never had the impression gas density was a problem. What about a OC dive to 60m on air? Or 80 or 100m on air? In this case gas density is much, much higher, at least that's what I understood so far about density. Do people die for gas densitiy in this cases?

Perhaps those gas densitiy limits are the same as GUE's MOD: much to severe. Perhaps.

Once again: I will read the link, I am interessted in this topic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom