Question Semi Dry wetsuit recommendation needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The nova is the trilam or “membrane” suit which is what you should get and what I got. For cool water I just use an inexpensive moisture wicking base layer with a thinner wool top and bottom. Got em off Amazon. For “colder” water I’ll add a “polypro” top and bottom, or waffle top and bottom as some call it. All can be purchased relatively cheap. For really cold water I have a fleece onesie that I bought used for like $50. Your cold tolerance may be different than mine. I get cold easily.

I got the QCS over wrist seal system, it’s oval and more aero dynamic and looks cool to me :wink: plus you can change your own silicone seals very easily. The oval system is not compatible with dry gloves to I had to buy the ultima drylove system when I dive dry gloves which isn’t often.

JUST MY OPINION.

please let us know if you have any more questions.
On the list of wrist seal options I do not see a QCS over wrist seal system option. Do they no longer offer that, or am I missing something?

You will also need to get.

1. Base layer, I'm a fan of merino wool hiking stuff.

2. 2 or three of each size wide band condom or external catheters to determine your size.

3. A personal trimmer and possibly dedicated razor and sensitive skin shaving cream. I like manscaped trimmers.

4. The medical adhesive removal wipes, trust me on this one.

If the Sea Skin and the Otter, both custom made suits, if the pricing was similar, which would be the better way to go?

For Otter, I can go to an Otter Dealer who is friends with my friend and have him measure me, so I don't have to sweat are my measurements accurate. I am also told I would get friends pricing :rolleyes:.

If the Sea Skin and the Otter, both custom made suits, if the pricing was similar, which would be the better way to go?

For Otter, I can go to an Otter Dealer who is friends with my friend and have him measure me, so I don't have to sweat are my measurements accurate. I am also told I would get friends pricing :rolleyes:.
Not sure. Definitely go to a tailor and get them to measure you if you can.

On the list of wrist seal options I do not see a QCS over wrist seal system option. Do they no longer offer that, or am I missing something?
I think they just call it Si tech oval rings, the hard part that holds the wrist seals will be removed and the seals switched to whichever dry glove system you choose, the Si Tech Antaries is a good system if you spen time getting everything set right, very low profile but mess something up and they leak, RoLock is much better.

You will also need to get.

1. Base layer, I'm a fan of merino wool hiking stuff.

2. 2 or three of each size wide band condom or external catheters to determine your size.

3. A personal trimmer and possibly dedicated razor and sensitive skin shaving cream. I like manscaped trimmers.

4. The medical adhesive removal wipes, trust me on this one.
This doesn't sound like pre dive fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom