Select the right fin size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xabain2003

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi

I just purchased a new dry suit and my old fins do not fit.

The dry suit has socks and I bought the Scubapro HD drysuit boots.

My actual fins only leave around two fingers of the heel out but when trying a jet fin with this new boots the full heel of the boot was out, around 4 fingers.

Is that correct?

I am afraid of having the fin too small and so getting cramps easy.

Thanks
Regards
Xabain2003

Often bigger fins are required with larger drysuit boots, often the next size up. Diving them is probably the best way to be sure. Good luck.

Often bigger fins are required with larger drysuit boots, often the next size up. Diving them is probably the best way to be sure. Good luck.

But How much is correct for the heel to stands out from the fin?

But How much is correct for the heel to stands out from the fin?

that depends on the fin, some have deeper pockets and longer heel plates for example on Seawing Novas the bottom of the fin extends to almost the end of the heel, with my jets the ankle bone is in line with the end of the foot pocket leaving perhaps 1.5-2" protruding. It's impossible to answer your question i.e are your fins too tight with an absolute over the Internet. Are you using spring straps? Does your foot fit into the fin ok?
Trying them is the only way to be sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom