Seeking Opinions on Troubling Incident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tomorrow's the big day, right? Reading these posts for a few days, dying to see some resolution or at least find out where it happened!

To bad Mike Nelson wasn't around to deal with this.

seahunt.jpg

I don't think I would want any of my students within 50 feet of you or your class either.
The attitude you present is no better than the instructor that shoved the student.

Report him to his/her agency, that is inappropriate and dangerous behaviour, even if the platform was too small for the divers, a please move signal is all that was needed.

I'm not saying that it makes the action any better, but is there any chance that whatever happened was not done maliciously, but was instead horseplay? Perhaps the Instructor mistook the student for someone else and decided that it was OK to mess with them?

It doesn't make it right, but intent can be a big factor when it comes to how the end-game shakes out. "Oops, I thought you were my old buddy Bob" vs "Hey, kid, this is MY platform, GTFO".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom