Securing your regulator, spg and other hoses.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Frod that can be done with standard hose lengths as well. Long hose just means primary donate. Before people started using the 40" hoses with elbows, it was very common to see 32 or 36" hoses bowing out from the first stage and used that way. Not the most streamlined of setups, but GUE used to allow it in their recreational courses
well yes, but it will make confusion, i think. if go with chin bungee, better change to long hose setup.

if stick to short hose better use some standart holders.

btw, why nobody mentioned bolt snap+o-ring (or hose clip retainer ) trick like they do in sidemount?
Dive Rite Hose Clip Retainer (Qty of Two)

easy to make, costs a couple of cents and easy to deploy/un-attach in case of emergency.

Attachments

• dr-ac2019_2.jpg
    dr-ac2019_2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 135
well yes, but it will make confusion, i think. if go with chin bungee, better change to long hose setup.

if stick to short hose better use some standart holders.

btw, why nobody mentioned bolt snap+o-ring (or hose clip retainer ) trick like they do in sidemount?
Dive Rite Hose Clip Retainer (Qty of Two)

easy to make, costs a couple of cents and easy to deploy/un-attach in case of emergency.

why is that confusing? I don't like breakaway connections for easy pulls when in backmount. We use breakaways in sidemount because the long hose is clipped off half of the time. In backmount it shouldn't be clipped off when it has the potential to be donated

bungee under chin is only for long hose setup.
This is not an accurate statement. Just put the one on the bungee on the shorter of your two hoses and have fun.

I have standard rec hose lengths. Octo hose is made into a U like Storker mentioned, but it goes into my right hip D ring (I have a BP/W). It kept falling out of whatever octo holder I used. Easily pulled out and accessible when needed.

SPG is bolt snapped to my left shoulder D ring. I like it right where I can easily see it, which I couldn't on my left hip D ring.

If it's the standard hose on a B2 octo which are generally 36" just use the yellow ball style @Storker was suggesting or the loop style @enduser suggested. Using a snap ring on the hose can interfere with the swivel on the factory Atomic hose and also leave the reg cocked at a funny angle while attached to a D-Ring.

I have standard rec hose lengths. Octo hose is made into a U like Storker mentioned, but it goes into my right hip D ring (I have a BP/W). It kept falling out of whatever octo holder I used. Easily pulled out and accessible when needed.

SPG is bolt snapped to my left shoulder D ring. I like it right where I can easily see it, which I couldn't on my left hip D ring.

hopefully @Capt Jim Wyatt doesn't care that I swiped this from his facebook page since it wasn't a public picture, but if you want a slightly preferably at least to me SPG routing, that I shamelessly stole from him close to a decade ago, he runs the SPG along the corrugated hose. I run mine with a slightly shorter hose and it loops in with the bungee that holds the inflator to the D-ring, but it's really nice for quick reference of the SPG. You shouldn't have to do it terribly often obviously, but I also like that it frees up the d-rings a bit.

600700_4192978150873_1515869665_n.jpg

@tbone1004 that's an interesting routing. My D rings aren't cluttered. Right chest D ring has compass on a retractor. Left has SPG. Works for me.

bungee under chin is only for long hose setup. i understand that Sunshine Diver got a standard hose setup from atomic aka short hose.

If he has the standard hoses and 2 identical 2nd stages, the easiest solution is to breathe off the longer hose (36"?) and bungee the shorter one. It's not ideal because the longer hose should be longer and the shorter hose (30"?) should be shorter. But it will work and hopefully convert another diver to the much much better system of primary-donate with bungee necklace alternate.

After sunshine diver gets used to this, he's probably going to like it and can easily buy the best length hoses. If not, he can simply go back to the dumb 'golden triangle' set up we are all taught in OW class.

This is not an accurate statement. Just put the one on the bungee on the shorter of your two hoses and have fun.

^^^ This. Long hose in open water is a waste of rubber. A bungee necklace is easy, cheap and it works well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom