Securing your regulator, spg and other hoses.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I prefer the 7' hose without a swivel. I used to only have a 7' on one of my reg's, but I have since purchased longer hose for each of my other reg sets too. I like the set up so much better. Not that my opinion will help the OP with his current set up. Although it might be an option to explore in the future.

I prefer the 7' hose without swivel also for open water diving, and I really love my backup 2nd bungeed on a necklace. I do have one question though. Is it just me or do some of the photos of the necklaced backups seem too long to you? I prefer mine pretty tight, almost close enough to where I can tuck my chin and grab the regulator with my mouth without using my hands. Any critiques plus or minus on this? Also, I like the idea of running the spg along the corrugated hose and freeing up my left hip d-ring, especially since I'm adding a phone bottle slung on my left side. I might just have to borrow that idea tbone. Thanks!

Last edited:
Also, I like the idea or running the spg along the corrugated hose
That's almost how I run mine as well. I run it along the shoulder harness strap and use a fairly short hose so that the gauge terminates at the chest Dring. I don't like them dangling. I run them the same way on my rebreather too and use a piece of bicycle inner tube to bind the gauge and MAVs together and then bungees to keep them routed to the shoulder harness webbing.

That's almost how I run mine as well. I run it along the shoulder harness strap and use a fairly short hose so that the gauge terminates at the chest Dring. I don't like them dangling. I run them the same way on my rebreather too and use a piece of bicycle inner tube to bind the gauge and MAVs together and then bungees to keep them routed to the shoulder harness webbing.

Nice! I'm headed to Tavernier this weekend, so I might tweak my gear a bit and try this out.

Chairman, how "tight" is your necklaced 2nd? My bungee is large enough to just barely make it over my head and holds my backup 2nd pretty tight. In some photos, I've seen seconds drooping on a necklace 4-6 inches down on the chest. This seems way too long to me. Any comments?

Last edited:
Chairman, how "tight" is your necklaced 2nd?
Mine is tighter than most. I don't like it to droop and get in the way of my primary reg. I can't grab it with just my teeth, but then I have a huge neck that gets in the way.

@Satrekker the secondary is supposed to be in a position that you can roll it over and grab it with your teeth/tongue if you have to. For some, that may be an issue like @The Chairman , but for it is not supposed to be dangling down like you see on most pictures

Okay, that's what I thought. I tend to think of the utilitarian aspects of any gear adjustments, and it just made more sense to me for it to be a snugger fit much closer to my mouth rather than some droopy dangling thing down above my sternum. Thanks.

I dive a dss lcd 20 with an al80 and a set of deep6 regs.

I have the necklace octo, 40in primary with a 90deg fitting at the reg. Spg is on the left hip dring and the inflator is standard.

I am running the tank very low (as low as the top camband allows) to avoid hitting my 1st stage with my head. It makes that when the wing is inflated it compresses and stress the hell out of the hoses on the port of the 1st stage.

Is there any angled adaptor i can add to the first stage ports to add clearance for two of the IP hoses? I would need 15-20 degs max.

Hi!

I keep my octo attached to my d-ring with the item below. For my SPG, I really like XS Scuba's retractors, also pictured below. When I do day dives, I still carry a small flashlight (1100 lumen one from Big Blue that I love) and I keep that on a smaller retractor that is more appropriate for its size/weight. I hope this helps! I will let the pros and more seasoned folks get more into the detail about the rest. :wink:

XS-Scuba-Compact-Console-Retractor-Big-1.jpg

scubapro_octo_holder.jpg

Back
Top Bottom