Securing knife to lower leg or boot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
The team requires a knife on the lower extremity. I have a EEZYCUT Trilobite on left shoulder, I have a something similar to a Titanium Tek Dive Cutting Tool on my belt and would like to secure a Spyderco Atlantic since I have one, around the boot or lower leg. Ideas?

Was thinking of softening some pvc to make a sheaf and secure with some kind of modified strap through the boot. Probably reinventing the wheel but it will be unique.

What team? Are you doing Sea Hunt reenactments or something? What is their reason requiring a knife in a place that you can't reach and can easily get snagged on things? If you need one to be on "the team", put one in your drysuit pocket. That folding Spyderco is perfect for that.

What team? Are you doing Sea Hunt reenactments or something? What is their reason requiring a knife in a place that you can't reach and can easily get snagged on things? If you need one to be on "the team", put one in your drysuit pocket. That folding Spyderco is perfect for that.

I'm pretty flexable so I don't have an issue but I do feel that the 2 I have up top are sufficient. I don't make the rules though. Just looking for options. The pocket would be.. in the middle more or less.

The reason for that rule is that if you're a real diver, your knife would be too long to fit along either your upper or your lower arm. It should just be a tad shorter than your lower leg. So put it there, or along your upper leg.

The reason for that rule is that if you're a real diver, your knife would be too long to fit along either your upper or your lower arm. It should just be a tad shorter than your lower leg. So put it there, or along your upper leg.
real diver? :funny:

I'm hoping you just forgot the /sarcasm tags.

I can't wait to see someone diving with a machete.

I can't wait to see someone diving with a machete.
sword.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom