Sopras Tek/Sub Compact Lite BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info. I have a Sopras Sub dry suit, and the quality is amazing, and in some ways better than my DUI suits.

I've put 36 dives on the BC now, 23 in Komodo and 13 in Ishigaki. The BC performed as expected. Initially, the waist and shoulders straps got too loose after the first dive of the day. (I think once the strap material gets wet, they tend to loosen up.) I adjusted the waist to be tighter while in Komodo and that helped considerably to make it feel more snug. I didn't adjust the shoulder straps until halfway through my Ishigaki dives, which is a shame as by the end, the fit was almost perfect. I will tighten up the shoulder straps a bit more before venturing out again. Overall, I am very happy with the BC and the customizations I added, i.e. the ample pockets on both sides.

I had the first design/material failure with the BC. The buckle is made of aluminum and the hinge holes warped so that the buckle teeth no longer grips the belt webbing. I switched to a stainless steel buckle, though a plastic one would probably work well long term too.

Original...

IMG_20180909_1818122.jpg

IMG_20180909_1818282.jpg

Stainless steel...

IMG_20180911_1100006.jpg

The rubber anti-slip for the cam band finally had enough... after 80 dives. I replaced it with one that looks like the $2.50 one from DGX, except I bought at an LDS for $4, fair enough. The only drawback with the different design is that there's less surface area for the velcro to grip. I'll see how it goes. I may need to trim off some of the rubber.

IMG_20190407_164555.jpg

113 dives later... the red color has faded to pinkish... There's some whitish residue (aluminum oxide?) wherever there's contact with the tank. I don't think it's mold, as it's only at contact points.

IMG_20190601_1608188.jpg

IMG_20190601_1608373.jpg

are you soaking it in freshwater when not in use? most likely salt

It was soaked in freshwater for a few hours before drying overnight, then packed at the end of the trip. Does it need more soaking?

Back
Top Bottom