Securing knife and shears

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I got my pouches today. They are tough and should last me a long time.
This solves a problem I've had for a while. Thanks to StuartV for solving it.

I'm enclosing a few pics for those interested.
IMG_0016.jpg
IMG_0017.jpg
IMG_0018.jpg

View attachment 429864
I use a sheath with a velcro flap.
I just bought a knife and sheath similar to this one. I can easily attach the sheath to my BC. However, is there a way to keep the knife attached to the harness while using it, or is that just not practicable? Wondering if there’s a way to protect against losing the knife (accidentally dropping it) while using it out of the sheath.

Rather than trying to tether the knife to a part of your gear, you might consider attaching a loop of bungi material to put around your wrist when you draw the knife.

Now I've almost killed myself with an AB iron shock corded to my wrist cetainly would have sliced myself up
were it a knife

quite long ago I bought a couple of these

as the rivet rusted I replaced it with a bolt

But aha the pouch made of 50mm folded webbing and velcro was ingenious easy to make and bestly of all
made a bit longer, with extra velcro, it could facilitate all the knives you find in your sub aquatic adventures

So never again do you ever have to put yourself in much danger chasing dropped plummeting away knives
or not so much danger when you do not even notice knives disappearing as happens quite frequently a lot

Now I've almost killed myself with an AB iron shock corded to my wrist cetainly would have sliced myself up
were it a knife

Are you saying it's inherently dangerous to keep a knife on a shock cord around your wrist when using the knife? How so? I wouldn't just let it dangle unsheathed while swimming around, but I'd like to have some insurance against dropping and losing it while in use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom