securing a spool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recommend that you just put it in your pocket and be done with it. I too have been frustrated with losing things in this fashion - lost a finger spool completely and had the spool unravel twice on me upon entering the water. I've also had my camera (secured with bolt snap) fall off my butt d-ring a few times and have been lucky I didn't loose it.

Doesn't matter what all the above suggestions say, it's still going to come off if you twist or bump the bolt snap during a water entry, certain other movements in the water, or if you have multiple items banging around on the same d-ring. I can say I've had great success and total frustration with these clips but for the price of each finger spool / bolt snap and peice of mind it's better to just put it in your pocket and be done with it.

I recommend that you just put it in your pocket and be done with it. I too have been frustrated with losing things in this fashion - lost a finger spool completely and had the spool unravel twice on me upon entering the water. I've also had my camera (secured with bolt snap) fall off my butt d-ring a few times and have been lucky I didn't loose it.

Doesn't matter what all the above suggestions say, it's still going to come off if you twist or bump the bolt snap during a water entry, certain other movements in the water, or if you have multiple items banging around on the same d-ring. I can say I've had great success and total frustration with these clips but for the price of each finger spool / bolt snap and peice of mind it's better to just put it in your pocket and be done with it.

Most of those posting above (myself included) store them in pockets. Still need an appropriately sized double ender, still don't want to have the spool over-flowing with line.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom