Secrets pier destroyed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The port was open today and while a bit rough was not too bad. As has always been the policy of Aldora Divers and The Villa Aldora, those who missed a day of diving yesterday will not pay for their night at Villa Hotel and the divers, while not paying for dives they did not get will get free diving on their next available possibility which was today. The Ri-enforced concrete dock at the Villa suffered only two lashed down (Bumper) tires which have already between replaced.

Dave Dillehay

Why on earth on you posting this in a thread about the Secrets pier? I am not trying to insult you, but your post do more damage to Aldora than they do good.

Why on earth on you posting this in a thread about the Secrets pier? I am not trying to insult you, but your post do more damage to Aldora than they do good.
More on topic than a many post on Scubaboard. The last time I was at the Secrets peir I was in an Aldora boat dropping people off after a night dive. There were two couples all dressed in white eating supper at the end of the peir, I felt sorry for the guys. See how it all ties together.

More on topic than a many post on Scubaboard. The last time I was at the Secrets peir I was in an Aldora boat dropping people off after a night dive. There were two couples all dressed in white eating supper at the end of the peir, I felt sorry for the guys. See how it all ties together.

LOL - I've been picked up and picked up more than a few people during those romantic dinners under the palaypa - they usually have the sand all nice and neat, names written in it and rose petals everywhere....... I felt bad the first time.....

The port was open today and while a bit rough was not too bad. As has always been the policy of Aldora Divers and The Villa Aldora, those who missed a day of diving yesterday will not pay for their night at Villa Hotel and the divers, while not paying for dives they did not get will get free diving on their next available possibility which was today. The Ri-enforced concrete dock at the Villa suffered only two lashed down (Bumper) tires which have already between replaced.

Dave Dillehay

Why not?

I’m interested in the condition of other piers and found the post informative.

If the concrete piers and docks had suffered significant damage it would be one more problem for a hard pressed industry to deal with.

Maybe Secrets will pour concrete for their repair?

Why not?

If the concrete piers and docks had suffered significant damage it would be one more problem for a hard pressed industry to deal with.

Secrets was already salvaging old pier today. Some damage at El Presidente and Iberostar piers. Im sure they will have them fixed up and back for you all before you are here.. Small things to worry about ......

Why not?

If Secrets wanted to change the old pier to something different than old design it would be huge amounts of paperwork because its in the federal Marine Park. Waiting for paperwork at this time.....you will have better luck with Easter Bunny.

Before Wilma, Blue Angel had a table & umbrella on an outcropping. I never saw anyone use it as it was a little precarious. After Wilma, that point was gone and the then owners said they had to clean a lot of rotting fish out of the then above ground swimming pool.
The pool is where it always was; the didn't lower the pool, they raised the "ground". :D

Before they did that there was a large limestone rock in the space between the pool and the hotel (I'm sure it's still there as well, buried). The original owner, Javier, found it in the pool after Gilbert. There also used to be a pergola over the patio behind 103 and 104.

If Secrets wanted to change the old pier to something different than old design it would be huge amounts of paperwork because its in the federal Marine Park. Waiting for paperwork at this time.....you will have better luck with Easter Bunny.

Some of the red tape applies even outside the marine park btw. I know we were waiting for months to apply for a pedestrian pier well outside of the park but the offices were closed. I think anything in the federal zone (basically the shoreline ) requires a permit. Probably extra paperwork for the park. Office might have opened up with yellow back in September , don’t know

Port is open today. Waves didn’t look too friendly this morning but have laid down a little I think. I had cancelled an afternoon dive but I regret it now looking out my window

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom