Secondary Filtration For Gas Mixing Panel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tassi Devil Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
A mate of mine is setting up a gas mixing panel for a few of us to use, we also have a Bauer K14 compressor with a P41 filter stack.

The trimix panel is large and complex, consists of two boosters AGT15/30 and AGT7/15(I think) built into it, the thing is a work of art (see pictures below). It has taken many man hours to oxygen clean.

We would like to install a secondary filter from the compressor into the panel to avoid any chance of contaminating the panel so after suggestions as to what we could do. I have investigated an additional P41 filter stack, but at $2K for a second hand one or $4K for a new one they are a bit expensive, then the pressure maintain valve though I am not sure if that is needed, would the PMV be needed on the secondary filter?

Anyway any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Panel1.jpgPanel2.jpg

If you are using a 2nd filtration unit you should also use a 2nd PMV in order to obtain a long reaction time in filtration unit. Set the PMV as high as possible for your setup (safety valves etc.). Why using such a big P41 as 2nd filtration unit? Try using a P21 (P0) instead - PMV is part of setup. You should change P21 cartrigde after 200m³ of gas in order to avoid any oil passing Cartridge (20g AC inside, 5% absorption and maximum 5mg/m³ oil content). If your first filtration unit is working correct, no oil will pass to 2nd cartridge.

Superfisch thanks for your reply, we had considered the p21 but we were not sure that it was up to the flow rates of the K14 compressor, but if it is a secondary filter with a PMV then flow rates don't come into it.

The thought behind getting a P41 filter stack was that it is the same as we have on the compressor and could cycle the filter cartridges through the two stacks.

But will look into the P21 now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom