New to me fill station. Working through the issues.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

get them hydro'd before you do anything else. If they pass, which they should, you should get them tumbled, or do it yourself. Plenty of stuff on internet on do it yourself tumblers.

I'm using a LF X53247 filter with 13x, hopcalite and carbon capped with silica gel. OCA allows 2 ppm CO so 1.9 is indeed bumping it. Not sure where it would come from but I'm pretty sure it and the methane came from the same source but for different reasons. DINNER! cooking it and digesting it.

Next time get an X65247. Same filter, less expensive. Who told you the X53247 had silica gel? I've been a LF dealer for a very long time and don't recall silica gel in that cartridge.

Craig
You are right and I am wrong. I have read many sources of info and I must have picked up that bit of malarkey along the way. Thanks for pointing it out as it sent me off to learn more. I will also follow up on your suggestion of using the x65247. Is there really no difference?

Craig
You are right and I am wrong. I have read many sources of info and I must have picked up that bit of malarkey along the way. Thanks for pointing it out as it sent me off to learn more. I will also follow up on your suggestion of using the x65247. Is there really no difference?

Just the label and price.

I purchased a used nitrox stick. I need to purchase a 1" hose to connect it to my compressor. The clear pvc hose I found smells so plastic it makes me ill. I can't imagine pumping my air through it. Perhaps the carbon portion of my filter would clean it up but is there a preferred type of hose for this use. This is the type with the reinforcement strands but the clear unreinforced seems just as stinky.

I have seen pictures of your dive wagon. Put that together with actually living someplace with good diving nearby and I'm the one that is jealous. Just not enough to move from paradise.

Last edited:
As far as I can tell, that would make it OCA. Is that correct?

If that's with a brand new filter, I'd be concerned it would go out of spec during the filter change interval. My compressor comes back with <1ppm when I test it just before the filters are changed. Maybe I'm too conservative, but I am always mindful of who's breathing the air from my system (me, that is).

Where is the pressure maintaining valve plumbed in? Before or after the filter stack(s)?

John

With a Rix SA6 compressor and hopcalite in your filter I am surprised you are finding any CO in your air.

Back
Top Bottom