Second guessing my BC choice (Hydros Pro)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haha. BP/W it is, but not for me.
I know people can customize their BP/w to anything they want, but I like how hydros customized to what I want already (the reason I chose it - so I did not have to pick out all the individual features).

Hydros - what I like -
quick release integrated weight system
quick release buckles
quick adjustment for straps
rubber straps - dry quick and comfortable
rubber backplate - clings to me so well, I do not need a crotch strap (what? No crotch strap - herecy! :) ) Also comfortable and also dries in an instant
i like SP tank strap buckles
i like that trim pockets are wide set (not on the tank strap)
I like all the “S”s all over the BC

Among few other things I like about Hydros :)

Yep, the Hydros has all of the "customization" one would need for a single tank recreational BC. The BP/W doesn't have any advantage here. All of the "add-on" features that people will have to pay for to use with their BP/W, the Hydros come standard with it. People complain about the Hydros price but they aren't being truthful, they don't mention that the Hydros comes with many features standard the BP/W doesn't include as standard and hence the price difference.

Divers don't like climbing carabiners because of the risk of inadvertant entanglement, not because anyone thinks they're going to fail.

What about locking carabiners?

If you are planning on going into tech diving, diving doubles or doing dry suit diving, then get a BP/W. But if you are absolutely sure that you will only be doing single tank, warm water, recreational NDL diving, then get a BP/W.

:cheers:

But why use a climbing carabiner in a diving environment in the first place? As I said, what problem are you trying to solve with it?

I don't use them and not suggesting that people use them (or not use them), I was merely questioning why some folks think they are not safe.

Back
Top Bottom