seattle dive shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scdiver42863

Reaction score
anybody have any recomendations on dive stores in seattle. i am moving up there and am looking for a local shop. i have heard about lighthouse diving center any body know of that one? any information would be helpfull. thanks.

Everyone has a pref. This is just mine. I have heard good things about the lighthouse, but my prersonal exp has been it's nothing special. UWS (underwater sports) is the largest dive chain in the area. I have heard neg comments on UWS for that reason alone.

But personally I only go to UWS. Doug the manager at the bellevue store is as good as it gets. To the point he has become a good friend, and a dive buddy. When it comes to diving, If he doesn't have it he'll get it. If he doesn't know it, he'll find someone who does.

Bottom line,I trust him to recommend, sell and service my gear.

thanks for the info nerfboy, it is appreciated. would love to hear more ... anybody else out there have any comments?

There are about twenty dive shops in the Puget Sound area, give or take. I have mapped them on my web site.

Click Here. Then, click on the "Dive Shop" link. Finally, click on the Seattle "Dot."

I'm not going to comment on quality, as I have aquaintances working in many of them.

Rossiapacifica

What is your choice in shop affiliations? Is it brand, or is there a particular style of diving you like to do? Or possibly a certifying organization? The Seattle area has several good shops and some strong small ones. The biggest being Underwater Sports, and the next being Lighthouse Diving, but there are a couple of small independent shops that have excellent service too. Look around see what you like and go from there. I usually just go to the closest fill station that fits where I am at, and what I am diving. Good luck and let us know when you want to go diving.

I would have to second Steve George's recommendation for Bubbles Below. That's where I got certified, and where I've bought a large proportion of my gear. I've gotten good advice from them, given where I was and what I was doing, and they've stayed with me as my perspective and my direction has changed. They are good people.

But the Seattle area is HUGE and traffic is nightmarish, so a lot depends on where you are going to be living. If I lived in the south end somewhere, I wouldn't drive to Woodinville for air fills, for example.

I frequent Northwest Sports Divers in Kirkland. Matthew the owner is good people personafied. Gave me a deal on basic gear, found me a pair of size 15 booties, and let me volunteer a couple of fridays before I started school. The instructor is top-noch and everyone I meet there are cool. Can't go wrong.

laivindil:
I frequent Northwest Sports Divers in Kirkland.

I have to second the NWSD vote, the instructors there rock!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom