seattle dive shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

there's alot of dive shops that dive deep but most deep tech divers are new here in wa. awhile back garrett was said to be the best ,but a simple thing like a new weezle undergarment cloggged his dry suit valve he flew to the surface made it to the chamber then he was done. others have passed, zak jones have not heard how, a florida accident,but the currents here are tricky just when you think you got it down it changes. I can only say there is only one man that can challenge me here in wa. I only dive with my wife we are one we will never die at depth.I solo dive and never exceed my limits just practice. I have no tech cert,I TAUGHT MYSELF I FILL MYSELF. I've brought up many dead divers in superior's wrecks and could figure there mistakes out. although i never met ron akeson,he's the only one that know's the area from olympia to port hardy , dive with him and ask how to dive other sites,and you will see how simple it is to dive here and live.adventures down under.com (360)676-4177.
thanks for the dive invite, I take no chances. GOOD DIVE TO YOU I WHISH YOU THE BEST.

VooDooGasMan:
there's alot of dive shops that dive deep but most deep tech divers are new here in wa. awhile back garrett was said to be the best ,but a simple thing like a new weezle undergarment cloggged his dry suit valve he flew to the surface made it to the chamber then he was done. others have passed, zak jones have not heard how, a florida accident,but the currents here are tricky just when you think you got it down it changes. I can only say there is only one man that can challenge me here in wa. I only dive with my wife we are one we will never die at depth.I solo dive and never exceed my limits just practice. I have no tech cert,I TAUGHT MYSELF I FILL MYSELF. I've brought up many dead divers in superior's wrecks and could figure there mistakes out. although i never met ron akeson,he's the only one that know's the area from olympia to port hardy , dive with him and ask how to dive other sites,and you will see how simple it is to dive here and live.adventures down under.com (360)676-4177.
thanks for the dive invite, I take no chances. GOOD DIVE TO YOU I WHISH YOU THE BEST.

A pretty big boast.

There are many tech divers in this area, some that have 30 years experience diving, including some (very deep) commercial diving. My instructor (and mentor) teaches for several agencies and has personally certified numerous tech divers in this area. I also know many people who for fun ride the currents in the passes at sometimes @ 7 knots plus. They also dive from Olympia to Port Hardy. (As do most people who live in this area.).

I obviously don't know you, and beleive you that you probably DO have extensive experience, but the best???

The person who owns the local dive store I patonize (Bubbles Below) has a master instructor certification number of approximately 7,000 from PADI. That is when he received his Master Instructor rating. They are now at almost 200,000. He has been commercial and tech diving in this area for years as well. So I persnoally know a few have have extensive experience deep diving (over 300 feet) in this area all the way up to Canada. Most people I know dive the whole Puget Sound area, and are very competent with current conditions.

This post is not to try to insult you (as I said you probably are pretty good) but I don't want the soon to be "New Seattle Resident" to think there is only one person in town. Especially since no mention of tec diving has ever came up in this thread until your post. I think they just wanted to find a decent local dive shop.

Sorry if I hurt the toes. No hard feelings? :05:

-Steve

NON TAKEN I met bud before and many more wa dive icons your right there are alot ron ault hood sport dive been to a thousand feet. I could go on but I just gave my thoughts that when a fella diver wants to dive with me ,instead of saying no, I could send him to someone I wouldnt regret. plus since hes from down there could be ca. ron and him could talk about catalina and other ca. diving

well now that it has been mentioned, i am into the tech side of things, but relatively new in the scuba tech. i've done some extensive deep diving with surface supplied while diving commercial, but am slowly working my way into scuba tech diving. obviously a big difference. i consider myself a very safe diver and will be looking into some buddies doing some conservative tech diving when i get up there. anybody interested let me know. i dive a modified dir rig and would like to slowly work into some deeper diving, say 150- 200 ft. i also know there is going to be a learning curve with the currents and tides up there so any help in the relm would be appreciated also. look forward to meeting some of you soon. stay in touch, 28 days and counting.

Hello there and welcome to SB! You never mentioned where you were moving to but Orca Bait has members from all over the area so I'm sure you'll find a wealth of information here. As far as local dive shops go I think the key (IMO) is location and personality and professionalism. I have enjoyed doing business with Lighthouse and Underwater Sports as I live in the Edmonds area (just north of Seattle)

Be sure and let me know when you come up and I'll tour you around!

VooDooGasMan:

Did you teach yourself grammar as well? I see that you do know where the caps key is since you used it in the middle of your post. How about using a few capital letters every now and then at the beginning of your sentences?

There is only one man in Washington who can challenge you? Diving isn't a competition. You and your wife will never die at depth? I hope not but no one plans on it but most understand that it could happen and stay alert. Your ridiculous attitude makes it much more likely that something will happen to you.

VooDooGasMan:
Idontpickapartwhatpeoplehavetosayicanclearlyseewithyourridicouslyadditudeverysoonyouwillneverseethesurfaceagain

ithinkyouneedtoanalysethatvoodoogasyouarebreathing

scdiver42863:
i dive a modified dir rig and would like to slowly work into some deeper diving, say 150- 200 ft.

if you'd be okay with unmodified dir, www.fifthd.com is out in issaquah.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom