Seaskin Ultra drysuit review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah the 2mm compressed suits are great. Abyss has a 1mm that is very similar to a tri-lam, very interested to dive it.

Seaskin says their suit is 3mm compressed neoprene. It FEELS to ME like it would be fine with a modern plastic diagonal zipper. Definitely disappointing that Seaskin won't do it.

Seaskin says their suit is 3mm compressed neoprene. It FEELS to ME like it would be fine with a modern plastic diagonal zipper. Definitely disappointing that Seaskin won't do it.
Interesting. I know abyss doesn't make a front entry with their 4mm compressed, but they will with the 4mm non-compressed.
I've never seen the 3mm from seaskin so I can't comment on it

Abyss has a 1mm that is very similar to a tri-lam, very interested to dive it.

I can only find a compressed 2mm suit in the Abyss drysuit line. Where did you see a 1mm suit?

While I enjoy diving my Ultra I don’t like the rear zip so if I were replacing it I would be tempted to do the pinnacle black ice again or the pinnacle Tahoe which is a front across the chest zip, still no can touch the cost of the Seaskin.
The zipper on the Pinnacle Tahoe looks very much like my Fusion zipper, horizontal and across the front, kind of like moving the shoulder zip to the upper chest. I wonder if that's the solution for a front zipper on the Ultra, someone needs to ask Seaskin what they think.

The zipper on the Pinnacle Tahoe looks very much like my Fusion zipper, horizontal and across the front, kind of like moving the shoulder zip to the upper chest. I wonder if that's the solution for a front zipper on the Ultra, someone needs to ask Seaskin what they think.
Being straight I think would make it easier to zip than the whites/aqualung and possible to zip as opposed to the rear zip they have now, I can’t even com close to self zipping the suit because you can’t seethe things jumping into the zipper path, undergarments and the neoprene zip insulation flap can both get caught.
Pinnacle used a front diagonal zipper making it start a bit further back on the shoulder helped in it getting pulled over your head without having to have excess material in the torso.

I wonder if that's the solution for a front zipper on the Ultra, someone needs to ask Seaskin what they think.
I just got a generic reply from Seaskin on using a horizontal front zipper:

"We are sorry but we not producing front entry Seaskin Ultra Neoprene Drysuits .We only do back entry for Neoprene Drysuits ."

I just got a generic reply from Seaskin on using a horizontal front zipper:

"We are sorry but we not producing front entry Seaskin Ultra Neoprene Drysuits .We only do back entry for Neoprene Drysuits ."
The are very slow to change, I discussed this sort of thing with them before, it took a long time for them to add a telescoping torso and plastic zipper. The Tahoe is one I’m thinking of trying but would like to try one on first, in the mean time I’ll just have my buddy zip up my Seaskin ultra or use the nova.

I can only find a compressed 2mm suit in the Abyss drysuit line. Where did you see a 1mm suit?
They sell the Atlantis (2mm compressed) and the Hydra (1mm compressed). I don't think the Hydra is on their website but it is available.
From what I have heard, its basically a neoprene trilam. Very flexible, front entry, etc.

They sell the Atlantis (2mm compressed) and the Hydra (1mm compressed). I don't think the Hydra is on their website but it is available.
From what I have heard, its basically a neoprene trilam. Very flexible, front entry, etc.

It may be a custom order and not in their regular product line. Interesting.

Back
Top Bottom