Seaskin Nova - flexibility?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr. Dooley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've read up on some other threads regarding the Nova, and the rough consensus that it's generally a solid suit and hard to beat for the price. I've seen folks comment that the suit's generally sturdy which is good to hear as while I'm not yet diving tight restrictions that require a bunch of wriggling to get through, I do dive the wrecks of the Great Lakes and in general am apt to make odd contact with rocks, ships, etc.

I dive doubles so I'm curious if anyone can comment on the flexibility / cut of the suit. Has anyone used the Seaskin for doubles, and if so how do you find doing valve drills?

I dive doubles with a Nova. I can do valve drills fine, wearing the Seaskin 250gsm undersuit and a couple of thin/medium baselayers. The suit is 'standard fit', ie, without the additional allowance for 400gsm+ undersuits.
This is only my second suit and it's much thinner and more flexible than my last one, which admittedly was made out of thick cordura material.

I dive doubles with a Nova. I can do valve drills fine, wearing the Seaskin 250gsm undersuit and a couple of thin/medium baselayers. The suit is 'standard fit', ie, without the additional allowance for 400gsm+ undersuits.
This is only my second suit and it's much thinner and more flexible than my last one, which admittedly was made out of thick cordura material.
Good context, thanks.

I most often dive a Thermal Fusion, often plus an x-core vest and undergarment for the really cold stuff. I'll be sure to look into getting the extra space for thicker undergarments.

It does take some dives to break in. It feels extra stiff when it's new.

That said, when mine was brand new, I tried it on once and then headed straight off to take an Advanced Wreck Penetration class up in the Saint Lawrence river. I did that in double steel 120s. No trouble reaching my valves, as was required a number of times during that class.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom