Seaskin Nova Exhaust Valve Position

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eweingarden

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
In the thread "Seaskin Nova Drysuit Review", there is a recent post about the exhaust valve being in a sub-optimal position. I had asked on that thread for additional feedback concerning the location of the valve, but haven't seen any responses. Thus, I've started this thread to try and get some feedback. For those with a Seaskin Nova, have you found that the "standard" location of the dump valve has led to any difficulties with exhausting gas? There is an option on the order form to "Move Dump (DIR)", but it didn't strike me as something that needed to be done for a recreational diver. Since I just put my order in a week ago, I'm sure I could ask for the valve be placed in the DIR position when they construct my suit. Before I put a call in to Seaskin to change my order, I'd like to hear from others diving in the Nova with the dump valve in the standard position. Thanks.

I guess since no one is chiming in with anecdotes about difficulties with the dump valve in the standard location, the issue must be few and far between.

I'm leaning towards a Nova for my next suit and am planning to get the 'DIR' dump placement. Sole reason is that it mimics the position on my current suit and it seems to work. My current suit is an Oceanic Aerdura. So it seems to me that some suits naturally have that placement anyway.

Not sure if that really helps OP or not, but I'm also interested to hear others thoughts on this, so I'm watching this thread and the Nova review thread with interest.

Back
Top Bottom