First seaskin just arrived - a couple questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr. Dooley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just received my Seaskin Nova in the mail. Overall build and quality seems pretty solid.

I ordered the Kubi cuff system for to accommodate the 90mm sized glove rings. Just want to make sure they sent me the right diameter? I'd assume the cuff side would be bigger since you just basically shove the rigid glove rings inside? I don't have the Kubi glove system yet to verify for myself I received the correct size.

I got the wider, 40mm comfort braces (suspenders). But I can see no way to use them without improvising something. Seems they're missing the male side of the buckles on the front of the suit, no? I checked around, doesn't look like they included any in what I was shipped.

I got the fitted Light Monkey balanced P-valve. What's the best way to deal with this when not in use? Is it OK to disconnect the hose itself?

IMG_6847.jpg
1711143524650.png

Yeah, you are missing male buckle. Send them an email, followed by call to notify of both the issue and the sent email. But first make sure it isn't just thrown in inside the suit.
That looks like a PU ring? I'm not sure how KUBI suit ring is attached to the suit. @Boarderguy can tell you more?
You can either detach the hose (kind of PIA to do it every time you change whether you are plumbing in or not) or just let the hose dangle

Just received my Seaskin Nova in the mail. Overall build and quality seems pretty solid.

I ordered the Kubi cuff system for to accommodate the 90mm sized glove rings. Just want to make sure they sent me the right diameter? I'd assume the cuff side would be bigger since you just basically shove the rigid glove rings inside? I don't have the Kubi glove system yet to verify for myself I received the correct size.

I got the wider, 40mm comfort braces (suspenders). But I can see no way to use them without improvising something. Seems they're missing the male side of the buckles on the front of the suit, no? I checked around, doesn't look like they included any in what I was shipped.

I got the fitted Light Monkey balanced P-valve. What's the best way to deal with this when not in use? Is it OK to disconnect the hose itself?

View attachment 832990View attachment 832989
Iirc measurement should be on the inside of the glove side ring, not the inside of the suit side ring.

Do you have the glove side for kubi? It looks like this when installed. I'm get you a measurement when I get home.

20231025_155615.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom