Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quick question: Is it a good idea to add 2 cm to the waist for future growth :wink: or the fitting (with accurate measurement) has some give/room? Should I have added/increased it?
I'm up over 30 lbs since ordering mine and it still fits with the 150g undergarments.... and I really need to lose some weight....

I'm up over 30 lbs since ordering mine and it still fits with the 150g undergarments.... and I really need to lose some weight....
Don't over exert yourself. Order a fat drysuit and when that one is a little baggy you can go back to the skinny suit. You can also have them set up for warm and cold water diving since the fat one could contain more under garments and bioprene.

i gained 10-15 lbs after ordering mine and it fits perfect. not sure if it would fit with another 10-15 but i was worried also and it fits great with the 250 undergarment and i still could add a little more if i needed to, like a heated vest or 400 even might fit.
How much weight can you gain before their suit won't fit? Asking because I expect that to be an issue as I get older and don't want to buy another suit?

About how long is the lead-time from when you submit measurements and payment until it lands on your door step?

What weight undersuit would be considered a general purpose, all around useful weight to get from Sea Skin?

How much weight can you gain before their suit won't fit? Asking because I expect that to be an issue as I get older and don't want to buy another suit?

About how long is the lead-time from when you submit measurements and payment until it lands on your door step?

What weight undersuit would be considered a general purpose, all around useful weight to get from Sea Skin?
1) maybe 20 lbs depending on where the gain is
2) anywhere from 8 - 12 weeks. I ordered mine Nov 5th and have an est ship date of 2/3/2023
3) fully depends on your cold tolerance and the environment you're diving in. Anywhere from just wicking undergarments to 400+ gram with heaters. I ordered their base layer, 150 and 250 undergarments for the PNW. Our water ranges 45-60 depending on time of year and location in the sound. If I were you I'd order the same. Base and a sweater for your tech training. 250 for NE diving.

1) maybe 20 lbs depending on where the gain is
2) anywhere from 8 - 12 weeks. I ordered mine Nov 5th and have an est ship date of 2/3/2023
3) fully depends on your cold tolerance and the environment you're diving in. Anywhere from just wicking undergarments to 400+ gram with heaters. I ordered their base layer, 150 and 250 undergarments for the PNW. Our water ranges 45-60 depending on time of year and location in the sound. If I were you I'd order the same. Base and a sweater for your tech training. 250 for NE diving.
Assume the gain to be in the belly area.
Do you have a link for the Base/Sweater and 250 for NY diving undergarments?

Assume the gain to be in the belly area.
Do you have a link for the Base/Sweater and 250 for NY diving undergarments?
You want a link to the Seaskin 250 base layer?

I ordered mine Sep 16th, it arrive week after Thanksgiving.

Seaskin base layer and then a wool sweater of your own. Nothing cotton in a dry suit, ever.

I am a huge fan of marino wool. Soft and warm. I have my eye on a thicker set to go with the Seaskin. I am thinking maybe 250 or the 360 stuff on Amazon. It's like $110 for a set.

You want a link to the Seaskin 250 base layer?

I ordered mine Sep 16th, it arrive week after Thanksgiving.
Yes link please.
Timeline is helpful to know. Thank You.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom