Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't forget to watch their video and talc the inside of the suit. It helps the undies slide inside, so it is less constricting.
Any risk to the exhaust valve potentially having talc particulates going through it?

Any risk to the exhaust valve potentially having talc particulates going through it?

Not that I know of. I mean, I would not just dump a bottle of talc into the inside of the dump valve, but otherwise I wouldn't think twice about it.

Worst case, you take it apart (which is easy) rinse it out, and put it back together. It's not unusual for people doing shore dives to get sand in them, which can prevent them from closing/sealing, so they leak. If those valves can handle sand, I don't see talc ever being a problem.

Nice to see felow diver from Edinburgh. Are you diving with BSAC or PADI? I also have Seaskin Nova and very happy with it.
PADI. Though only just did my dry suit course in September so will be hopefully getting in a full year of UK diving next year!

I got the same email today stating the new dispatch date is 2/19 2021 also. My initial dispatch date was 2/5/2021 so it wasn’t too much of a delay.

Anyone speak to the pluses and minuses of the full telescope torso option?
Easier to put on as in pull over your head and then folds neatly. It wasn’t an option when I bought mine, also I changed to a plastic zip which I prefer to the brass.

Did anyone get the "Tech boots"? They are an upgrade to the standard attached boot. In the pictures they look similar to a full sole cold water wet boot but I assume slightly bigger in width and length to accommodate socks inside. Does that sound like an accurate description? Can anyone speak to the size and width of these tech boots? I typically wear a size 9 (US) EE hiking boot. So my feet are a little wider than normal. I'm hoping these are forgiving enough in width and length in order to accommodate undergarments to also accommodate the width of my feet.

Anyone speak to the pluses and minuses of the full telescope torso option?

As @lexvil said, it is easier to get it over your head with a telescoping torso. I think this is mostly relevant if you're wearing thick undergarments. With very thin undies, I suspect the non-telescoping torso would be fine.

The downside is that there is more bulk around your waist. I don't find it to be an issue at all. But, I guess if I were buying a trilam suit specifically for warm water use - just for the redundant buoyancy - then I might get it with the non-telescoping.

As lexvil said, they didn't have the option when I got my suit. At least, I don't think. I think the only choice was with a telescoping torso. They added the option for non-telescoping after I got mine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom