Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks pretty good for being new and still a bit stiff. The thighs seem baggy/long but that could just be angle and lighting.

The single pocket confuses me a bit. I use both of mine on every dive though.

Yes I think the legs are where some bagginess is. Is this potentially problematic?

Yes I think the legs are where some bagginess is. Is this potentially problematic?
It shouldn't be. Measure the inseam vs what you gave them, what your legs are, and what your pants normally are. If there is a substantial difference then I'd call or email with the variation. If they cut it won't they'll fix it. At worst you'll get a bit more air pocket right there but should be OK imo.

Backup mask in the right and a Capri Sun in the left - sometimes a mask gets squirrelly or you get thirsty

Ordered the Kubi dry fit gloves but they sent two right hands...I can swap one out but kinda of annoying right off the bat. This is my first time trying to use the Kubi system and having trouble getting the gloves on the suit. Watched a bunch of videos and everone seems to just pop them on without issue. When I try to slide the glove side onto the suit side, the black o-ring on the suit side pops off and over to the glove side. Tried it 4 times and it happened each time. What am I doing wrong?

Lining up the glove to the suit:
IMG_9166.jpg

O-ring on the suit side jumping out of the suit groove and over to the glove side as I continue to push the glove on:
IMG_9165.jpg

Ordered the Kubi dry fit gloves but they sent two right hands...I can swap one out but kinda of annoying right off the bat. This is my first time trying to use the Kubi system and having trouble getting the gloves on the suit. Watched a bunch of videos and everone seems to just pop them on without issue. When I try to slide the glove side onto the suit side, the black o-ring on the suit side pops off and over to the glove side. Tried it 4 times and it happened each time. What am I doing wrong?

Lining up the glove to the suit:
View attachment 859757

O-ring on the suit side jumping out of the suit groove and over to the glove side as I continue to push the glove on:
View attachment 859760
Your black o-ring is not fully seated into the groove. Work on pressing it in while pulling the inner ring out. I had this happen after cleaning them awhile back but found out with my suit on and kit on my back...

The other thing that will help is a bit of spit rubbed onto the glove side red o-ring. Kubi recommends against silicone grease but I used that for over 1 year. Now I just lick my thumb and run that over the red o- ring before donning

Kubi recommends using their NarkOx oil for the rings since they say that other oils may cause the rings to swell. It's not cheap but you only need a drop rarely.

In the US, the cheapest I've found it was:

For those buying their suits from Seaskin, you can get it directly from them can add it to your order to avoid extra shipping

I don't have nearly the experience with the suit and rings that @Boarderguy does, so if he says that spit works fine and he didn't have any problems with silicone grease, I'd trust his experience. I'm just passing along the Kubi recommendations.

Kubi recommends using their NarkOx oil for the rings since they say that other oils may cause the rings to swell. It's not cheap but you only need a drop rarely.

For those buying their suits from Seaskin, you can get it directly from them can add it to your order to avoid extra shipping

I don't have nearly the experience with the suit and rings that @Boarderguy does, so if he says that spit works fine and he didn't have any problems with silicone grease, I'd trust his experience. I'm just passing along the Kubi recommendations.
I used silicone until I read that I wasn't supposed to. That was maybe one year and about 45-50 dives. The last 50+ over 7 months have been some spit on my thumb. I might replace the red glove side o-rings sometime this year for preventative maintenance.

I got 1/2 way through reading this and thought Rolock 90's might be easier🤣 :poke:

Back
Top Bottom