Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I should add: In spite of all that, I will probably dive my compressed neoprene suit a lot more often.

I have never (yet) actually flown with a drysuit. I'm sure that will come, but most of my diving is driving distance.

Most of my drysuit diving is in water of a temp that will work well for neo with thin undies.

Most of my drysuit diving is not when the air temps are really that hot.

I almost always dive with a buddy, who can zip me up.

In other words, trilam is more versatile, but I don't need that versatility most of the time. Which is why I'm happy to have both kinds of suits.
Always good to hear your views on this. I finally found someone to help get me measured this weekend so I can put in my order!

Always good to hear your views on this. I finally found someone to help get me measured this weekend so I can put in my order!

Good luck! Read all the measuring directions carefully before you start.

I hope it works out great for you!

- More comfortable in really hot weather

For hot weather, cold water you prefer the trilam not the neop.? I thought that it would be the around way around. Hot topside, cold u/w:

1. Neoprene: no need for heavy thermal so a very thin base layer will do well top side and the neoprene suit will still keep you warm U/W.

2. Trilam: You need heavy thermals even the hot weather to stay warm in cold water.

BTW, for neoprene dry suits, I believe that O'three is the way to go. They have more advanced technology and incredible customer service. They can customize it any way you want including front zip with telescoping body yet still neoprene (compressed in 2 or 1 mm).

It is also worthy to note that O'Three has a new Trilam suit that has almost all options as standard and is considered first rate with excellent customer service.

90Ninety | OThree Custom Drysuits

O three costs twice what Seaskin does for a comparable suit, neoprene seems to only be back zip, I may have missed the front zip option if it exists.

O three costs twice what Seaskin does for a comparable suit, neoprene seems to only be back zip, I may have missed the front zip option if it exists.

Not sure what suit model you are talking about since O'3 has 4 types of neoprene suits to choose from but they are higher grade suit mfg. than the other mentioned especially the "Ri" models. You can ask them to make a front zip, telescoping option, etc. You just have to ask. They have one of the best customer service in the diving/thermal protection industry I have seen and experienced.

Not sure what suit model you are talking about since O'3 has 4 types of neoprene suits to choose from but they are higher grade suit mfg. than the other mentioned especially the "Ri" models. You can ask them to make a front zip, telescoping option, etc. You just have to ask. They have one of the best customer service in the diving/thermal protection industry I have seen and experienced.
Is it in the options? I didn’t see it looking through the suits, telescoping doesn’t tend to work well with neoprene, didn’t see that either but I can dig down again.

Is it in the options? I didn’t see it looking through the suits, telescoping doesn’t tend to work well with neoprene, didn’t see that either but I can dig down again.

I don't think that it is listed in their website. I communicated them with over a period of time and spoke to their GM few times and I gave him a list of what I wanted including telescoping and front zip and he said that they can do it no problems. They/he were very accommodating and offered advice on all options. I had a long list of options/features I put together based on what I saw with other vendors and sent it to him and he got back to me with what they can do or what/why I shouldn't do and spoke on the phone and skype several times.

I don't think that it is listed in their website. I communicated them with over a period of time and spoke to their GM few times and I gave him a list of what I wanted including telescoping and front zip and he said that they can do it no problems. They/he were very accommodating and offered advice on all options. I had a long list of options/features I put together based on what I saw with other vendors and sent it to him and he got back to me with what they can do or what/why I shouldn't do and spoke on the phone and skype several times.
I would give them a big plus if they listed whatever options they are willing to do, it would go a long way toward decision making for buyers.

I would give them a big plus if they listed whatever options they are willing to do, it would go a long way toward decision making for buyers.

I agree with you, they have options/features not listed on their website. As the "unopinionated" person that I am :) , I let them know that their website needed some work to bring out the many hidden treasures they have and to make it easier to put a shopping cart together. They were VERY busy at that time with their new trilaminate suit. He told me about it in confidence several months before it was announced officially. They do make up for the short comings of their website in their attitude and the time they spend with you on email or phone/skype. I was totally amazed. I asked a lot of questions and he answered every single one of them and called me to explain things that weren't easy to explain in emails. I have shopped around and contacted almost all of the major vendors, at least 10 of them, and none had the exceptional service O'3 had with me. They basically made it very difficult to even think of buying a suit from somebody else, I'd be very embarrassed to not buy from them myself. They are a top tier suit manufacturer and hence they won't be the "cheapest" around but not the most expensive. This is not to say that other mfg's don't make good suits or don't have good customer service however, it is just O'3 was amazing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom